I´m very worried

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cataloniafree, Sep 2, 2006.

1. dan05

dan05

Hello Cataloniafree,

I've been there, so I know how you feel.

I"ve read some where that manual trading is 80% phycology, and 20% technique.

For the 80% i would like to recomend some books that did help me.

Mark Douglas - Trading in the Zone.pdf
    and one from John C Maxwell , I believe it was the winning Attitude. (Check attached file)
    Fooled by Randomness - Taleb , Nassim.pdf

For the other 20% as you might know there a hundreds.

These are some that did help me with my own strategies.

For pattern trading.
    Connors, Larry & Raschke, Linda Bradford - Street Smarts.pdf
    Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management by Alexander Elder
    McGraw-Hill - The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies.pdf

And finally I've also tested several online signaling services. I"ve found one, that did help me a lot, and I've been following it since January. you can check my journal at
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70418

where I've been analyzing their service. It did work for me, but you should check for the European service.

My general conclusions so far are that following a third party trading system can be very very profitable, but boring. Still, you mitigate 80% of the trading problem, phycology.

If you still would like to do it your self, I would recomend work hard on the first books I recomended. The technique will be there when you need it.

Take care!

Cualquier consulta adicional, no dudes en mandarme un private message. !

#21     Sep 2, 2006
  2. dan05

dan05

Small Elders Abstract that I found on the Internet.

#22     Sep 2, 2006
  3. OK,thank you for all the information and all the comments.

Specially to dan05.
    Congratulations for your trades, I see your trading post,is very good.

I should dedicated a few hours to study,but I don´t have fear for study.

Dan you speak spanish?
    If you speak spanish,i LIKE make any question.

Thank you

Best

#23     Sep 3, 2006
  4. Cheese

Cheese

CataloniaLatinoMumbojumbo, quit trading and forget markets. This is good advice. You are not suitable for this project.

Instead, get into some sort of business where customers enjoy being addressed in half mangled semi-literate English.
    :)

#24     Sep 3, 2006
  5. Ok brother,my english level is very bad.This is the first reason that i´m here,to learn english

I am not embittered of the life that has lost all his money in the trading.

If you speak spanish you understand this sentence.

A tomar por culo gilipollas

#25     Sep 3, 2006
  6. dan05

dan05

:D

#26     Sep 3, 2006
  7. very simple solution catalonia.

1) get a job

2) Trade Index CFDs or CFDs on a futures maket instead of full blown futures contracts. (in australia we have them down to about $1 per index point)

3) Trade only $1 per point index CFDs (or the lowest leverage u can find) until u are profitable.

4) start trading full futures contracts.

5) wait till you have at least 6 consecutive profitable months with low ddown.

6) Quit the job you got in Part 1)

7) you should now have enough confidence and experience to make a half decent living from trading. As with all jobs pay is commensurate on experience. relax ur salary will grow over time :p

#27     Sep 4, 2006
  8. #28     Sep 4, 2006
  9. Hi,i´m here to explain my trading week.

I began very good,monday,tuesday,wednesday and thursday i won money trading Ibex 35,eurostoxx and Dax,but at friday i losed all the money won the rest of week.

I forgot all my strategy,habitually i stop trading when i have two failure traders.
    But at friday i didn´t respect it,besides i didn´t executed my stop,and with 6 trades i loss all my win money.

I have the sensations that i am improve,but i need are more scropulous with my strategy.

I see you.
    a BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND FOR YOU

#29     Sep 9, 2006