I wonder what manipulative surprise is next...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Thurgood, Jan 23, 2008.

1. R u kidding me?

the pattern from the open to the up move, then slow grind down till 12:30... then the dump, but they couldn't take it down, you could see the bids all over the place in the Options market and Post books.

Getting long was written all over the order flow.

There were so many indicators yelling to get long it was sick. I haven't seen such a "free be" since 2002.

The rest of the ride up was fast and furious. into the close, hell i even market to close, which I haven't tried since 2000.

Fuck, I hope this shit keeps up.....may be even a little repeat of patterns would be nice.

Im a little rusty using old tricks, but the last two days they have worked. However, this might be a gift short lived.

#31     Jan 23, 2008
  2. so was the MASSIVE move up today manipulation too?

#32     Jan 23, 2008
  3. lol,

Our Trading markets have not been "Free" since the Depression. Although more regulation has come down since then.

FED RESRV. has all ways had its hand in the markets , since the Feds creation.

:Manipulation' is part of the game. that is why you trade order flow, momentum, and take risk to contra.

Nothing is set in stone for any direction, any trade.

The market is living breathing and is manipulated.

you can not "beat" the market but only take what it gives you.

Until "traders" learn the later , 'manipulation' will all ways be used as an "excuse for lost money in a trade."

Most traders fail any ways, regardless of "manipulation' or not.

#33     Jan 23, 2008
  4. you really think they were more "free" before the depression? you might want to rethink that.

there isn't as much manipulation as you think. a lot of it gets busted too..whether u want to believe it or not. i can list things if you want.

#34     Jan 23, 2008
  5. Teasuries? Now there's a real Freudian-typo. Therefore, SWF must mean Single White Female to Uncle Sam. :)

#35     Jan 23, 2008
  6. What are the Post books?

#36     Jan 23, 2008
  7. Saying "The market is manipuated" is the exact equivaent of saying "I don't know how to trade".

I've ony been watching the markets intraday in any organized way for a short time, but it was hard not to make money today. When AAPL hit 127 or whatever it was, down 32 or whatever it was, it didn't take a genius to reaize that at some point there were going to be hard upticks as shorts covered. That was the best trading market I have seen in my short time watching.

It must have been incrediby frustrating for these peope to be sitting in front of the computer a day and watching a of this going down, not abe to take part or trying to get in and getting stopped out and then see the market run away in their direction. . Ony thing to do is come on here and whine.

By the way guys, there are about 70 names on my ignore ist incuding a the jokers on this thread. It makes ET much more enjoyabe.

(The 'L' key on my keyboard just gave out!)

#37     Jan 23, 2008

8. Markets are manipulated by spreading fear and panic via dark thoughts of RECESSION, SUB PRIME MESS and few other dark horses. There is no truth to even having a recession yet! But we pummeled the hell out of stocks didn't we?

I was trading AAPL today 1/23/2008 when it hit 133 and using a one minute charts and stochastics I traded it till 135 and my trailing stop loss blew me out at 135. I re-entered again and rode up to 137 and took profits, than re-entered again with low stochatics and bailed out 138.90 and than re-entered again at 138.83 when it dipped right before the close and still holding it.

While this profit taking madness was going on I forgot to complete several posts on ET and yet managed to short BIDU Feb 220 puts twice in a row raking in profits and holding the last batch overnight.

Do you think this was not hot and heavy action? Your assumptions are totally wrong that people whine... I donot. I kick down asses.

#38     Jan 23, 2008
  9. Dude, the market is nothing but a forecasting mechanism, it doesn't care about today, it is looking forward 6 months. as oversold as this thing was it was a natural bounce. It will rollover again, probably by mid next week at the latest. I'm glad you made money, but leave the conspiracy theories at home.

#39     Jan 23, 2008
  10. manipulation is such a copout of a term.

Any adverse movement should be called manipulation, right?

Pick your 'opponent': hedge fund collaborators (maybe that explains the low volume mini crash on Monday), the Fed (opposing force?), PPT, etc. Without any of this you have nothing to trade.

Manipulation = movement. And in the war of trading, everyone is your enemy.

#40     Jan 23, 2008