I wonder what manipulative surprise is next...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Thurgood, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Until you finally realize that it really does not matter what the fundamentals are because a trader takes it up or down with absolute neutral bias regardless of economics, you will forever remain, an "Elite" Trader.

It's not an insult, is a tip.

Anek

#21     Jan 23, 2008

2. Bring back the uptick rule . It was there since 1934 for a good reason. Market bear raids and spread of fear and panic and volatility can be stopped. It was a good thing taken away.

#22     Jan 23, 2008
  3. I hope you do realize that the uptick rule just meant that shorts got shitty fills and could be front run by long-sellers and daytraders; it didn't actually prevent people from getting short, or make people want to short stock any less.

The uptick rule is an antiquated law which serves no purpose in today's electronic financial markets.

#23     Jan 23, 2008
  4. Listen up:

The only thing that moves the market is: EARNINGS.

Earnings are weak, market is down. That's all.

#24     Jan 23, 2008
  5. ...most important imho guidance.

Anek

#25     Jan 23, 2008
  6. "Listen up:

The only thing that moves the market is: EARNINGS.

Earnings are weak, market is down. That's all."

false. any # of fundamental, news based or other factors can result in the supply/demand balance shifting.

see: 911 see: london bombing etc.

the point is that as a TRADER, you realize that the market CANNOT move by definition unless supply or demand moves in. if it didn't there would be NO transactions. somebody has to want to lift and offer and/or hit a bid. that is the ONLY way price CAN move.

as an investor (in investment accounts) i pay most attention to fundies, far less to technicals. as an intraday trader (futures mostly) i pay more attention to supply/demand inbalance. in 5 minutes the dow can move X points with NO change in fundamentals. looking at the PE of the dow isn't going to tell you whether to buy YM now, what stop to set and what target to set intraday.

again, it's a loser meme to claim it's "manipulation" when a move runs contrary to your OPINION of what it should do.

it is a common attribute of losing retail traders to do so.

#26     Jan 23, 2008

7. The only things that seem to move the markets is spread of deceitful lies, thoughts of doom and gloom, fears of recession, and tail spinning of our economy. Markets are professionally manipulated and than pummeled to death by a handful of double breast wearing cockroaches.

Our doom and gloom crowd that expects it country to do everything for them sits there and demands more and more. It wallows into the sense of entitlement.

#27     Jan 23, 2008

8. Markets move when a handful of Wallstreet cockroaches spread deceitful lies about economy and recession. Our doom and gloom public buys into it and never questions the rationality of such irrational thoughts. These fellow Americans get scared to death and capitulate into the waiting hands of manipulative sellers.

Had these people stood up to it, none of this carnage would have happened which you witnessed in the last 4 weeks. None. But they lack one thing : COURAGE & INDEPENDENT THINKING.

#28     Jan 23, 2008
  9. day, I think you belong with the rest of the moonbats in chit-chat. The traders forum is for traders sharing real ideas, not conspiracy theories.

#29     Jan 23, 2008

10. Sub prime was a perfect scarecrow last summer. This time around they invented a bigger monster: Recession. That " R" word sends instant shivers into the bodies of spineless wonders who step out to be called traders.

They actually belong to a mental asylum with first-rate diagnoses of deep depression. Bunch of homebound psychos who never see or meet another human kind and only have their dogs to high five. I feel sorry for these maroon humans. They lose perspective and rationale, and give into these manipulative fears implanted by institutional traders.

#30     Jan 23, 2008