I wonder if the Republicans living in the panhandle are happy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, May 4, 2010.

1. The ones who chanted "Drill baby Drill" along with Palin and Joe the Plumber. Now that their beaches will be decimated, their tourism business collapsing along with the fishing industry.

Any Panhandle Republicans still big for Palins "Drill Baby Drill" Philosophy?

Where is Palin, why is she not speaking one bit about this disaster?

2. She's in her backyard, rollin around in all her dough.

3. Wallet

Wallet

Sadly in any industry accidents happen, systems malfunction, parts fail, the bigger the stakes the bigger the capacity for catastrophic failure. Three mile island basically drove a coffin nail in nuclear energy, there have been other oil spills, I can recall two shuttle disasters. But mankind always reaches out in an attempt to better him/herself. In doing so resources, materials are needed, and inevitably problems arise.

However regardless of who's to blame, the gulf has a mess to clean-up and America still needs oil and lots of it until a viable alternative for it's energy needs are found. Regardless of the crap you hear on the news, off shore fields hold the biggest potential reserves. And while you can stop US companies from drilling the rest of the world is lining up looking at drilling off our coast in international waters.

Politicizing the Spill isn't the answer. Better technology and safety for those deep water platforms , and reducing the need for oil is.

4. Once upon a time, my most favorite spot in the world was Navarre. This may be a terrible accident to overcome.:(

5. Ricter

Ricter

I basically agree. We are a large, complex mass of highly consumptive animals. To feed and power this mass requires a big, poisonous machine. And big, dirty machines have big, dirty accidents.

6. Probably why the Fed's were so slow to react. Never let a crisis go to waste.