I wonder if I'm just getting too damned old for 1 minute charts...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jnbadger, Feb 17, 2012.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

Stop this treachery at once! I'm not old enough to be your mother, but I'm older than you!

I love this clickety clackety old piece o' wood; been using it far back as I can rember :D

#31     Feb 19, 2012
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

Kid's, I apologize. I should have known in advance that my original post would turn into a PG-13 version of Hee-Haw.

But as long as I'm the OP, and I take full responsibility, all I can say is:

Yee Haw! Let's keep this rodeo a goin'.

#32     Feb 19, 2012
  3. Redneck

Redneck

JNB

Like all things trading – I can’t tell you what is best for you

I do use the 1 min

I see it as building (the foundation of) the candles – that build the candles in my trading TF – that in turn build the candles in my higher TF (the TF I follow)

I also use it to identify stop runs (which gives me a warm and fuzzy on what’s about to happen)

I also use the volume off a 1 minute – a lot

But as with all things Sir – if it doesn’t add – then by default – it detracts

Take Care

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAA :)
    RN

#33     Feb 19, 2012
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Mr RN,

I have somehow gotten the impression over the years that you are waaaaay better at what we do than I am.

But as Bighog said in a previous post. It's like the 5 minute chart just said "welcome home". And they give me the warm fuzzies you are talking about.

However there are circumstances, like the ESRX chart I posted a couple of days ago, when the 1 minute says "Get your ass over here and give me some luvin RIGHT NOW!" Well, I am a simple midwestern boy, so I oblige when she yells like that.

But when things are "normal" and the little vixen looks at me from across the way and wiggles her finger at me, I am simply trying to train myself to sit on the porch and wave at her from across the Mississippi, and just say howdy while not giving into temptation.

#34     Feb 20, 2012
  5. Redneck

Redneck

JNB

Please don’t

In the past…
    I’ve blown up
    I’ve held losers too long
    I’ve exited winners too early
    I’ve been so nervous/ scared – my hands shook/ palms were sweaty
    I’ve yelled, cussed, screamed and slapped myself – in shear disgust and frustration over my actions/ inactions

These days
    I never know what’s going to happen next
    I have losing trades (at least one nearly every day)
    I screw up

And at the end of the day, I am but a simple minded trader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patience is a pita… but it is necessary (no matter the TF)

Here’s to you finding nirvana Sir
    RN

#35     Feb 20, 2012
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

As to the first 5, been there.

As to the next 3, that's trading, and humanity

As to a simple minded trader, I am a cheesehead farmboy, so don't start.

As to patience... Yes, but I guess it is what ever each of us perceives as a patient time frame.

Nirvana to all....

JNB

#36     Feb 20, 2012
  7. Redneck

Redneck

Me too

Maybe that blue collar work ethic - is the best education anyone could get

And worth its weight in gold...

Hauling hay in the summer... Feeding and Milking in the winter.... Fixing stuff that breaks - constantly...

Miss those days - well sort of

eta - one of the lessons my mom taught me early on - learn to work with your head, or your back - you decide (that was a several decades ago, but I still remember it)

RN

#37     Feb 20, 2012
  8. jnbadger

jnbadger

Oh my God.. The stacking, dealing with the moldy hay and corn.. Well I suppose we could bitch and bitch. But many still wouldn't understand, because they don't know what true work is. I worked on my neighbors fucking farm 12 hours a day, because they needed the help. Finally, the grandpa gave me 50 bucks after it was all done, because he felt guilty, not because I asked for it..

It was a different time.... So different now. Even just a few years later...

#38     Feb 20, 2012
  9. BCE

BCE

Thought I'd have another go with CL again today, but she didn't mention anything about pomade. She just winked at me and then started telling me which lubricants she prefers.

#39     Feb 20, 2012
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Oh dear. Are we headed for an R rating?

#40     Feb 20, 2012