I wish I would have gone into the military. This is really boring.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jnbadger, Jan 31, 2019.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

That's not what I mean. I agree with Sig. I'm just looking for something more meaningful. Trading makes me money, but it's stupidly unfulfilling.

#41     Feb 1, 2019
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

Maybe I'm just not making enough to do good things with it.

#42     Feb 1, 2019
  3. Overnight

Overnight

I believe I understand your dilemma... You feel the money you are earning trading is not fulfilling your desire to "contribute" something to "the world". I can respect that.

Mmm, that's a tough one and will take some soul-searching to reckon' with your belief system.

If it helps, I too wanted to join the military dearly many moons ago, but was 4F out before I ever got into basic. You mentioned you are 51, so obviously you are kaput going there. Put that out of your mind. We are both kaput from joining the military for different reasons, but that is that. Move on.

Look at it this way. Making money (and a living even more so) trading is very liberating.

What you can do outside of those times you are making money is totally up to you.

If you trade for a few hours per day and make your money, that is A.

If you work 50 hours per week and make the same amount of money as that few hours of trading (A), that is B.

Whether you are A or B, you have made the same amount of money. Now the question becomes the amount of free time on your hands.

If you are B, you will be miserable, because you have to eat and sleep, and can only have the weekends to do something with your spare time.

If you are A, you will have much more free-time, and a more flexible time-frame to spend it. Look at that as a privilege, and NEVER take it for granted. I certainly do not.

Does that help?

#43     Feb 1, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Before I forget...

If you really want fulfilling work and do not care about making money, then join the Peace Corps. That could give you fulfillment on the spiritual level I guess.

You just need to find what fulfills you, and do that.

#44     Feb 1, 2019
    jnbadger likes this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

Finding young folks, that got back from the army & suffers from post traumatic stress, who can't get their minds around new way of living, have no dirrection for new profession, and teaching them to trade ? Teaching folks in prisons to invest/trade ?

I think, it's 90% possibility, that someone in the army/prison, would point you to the right people.

That would be hell of a service, in a special way, imho.

Like the author Simon Sinek ( ,, Start with Why
    '' bestseller ), who spends time within the army, and contributes in his own ways.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    #45     Feb 1, 2019
    Sig and jnbadger like this.
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

Yes, it helps. I am A. I am usually done trading by 10 AM central. I just need to find something to fill my free time to make me feel like I'm making a difference. I appreciate the guys who are done trading after a couple of hours, and go golfing or ride dirt bikes the rest of the day, but that's not me.

#46     Feb 1, 2019
  7. bone

bone

I know quite a few traders who collect things. Antique Silver, stamps, coins, guitars, vintage vinyl records, watches, books and manuscripts, memorabilia... you name it. They are totally engrossed in it, and they buy and sell and build up their collections. I mention it because you don't golf in warm weather or apparently ride snowmobiles or cross country ski or ice fish or milk cows or whatever you do in Wisconsin in February. Just a thought.

I thought Tinder was a great option but that apparently didn't entice you :D

#47     Feb 1, 2019
  8. and here we are in the 21st century where men in developed countries have more choices than they have ever had, record levels of money sloshing around the world, the best connectivity to other people and opportunities and you say you are bored. A limp wristed beta cucking of society.

I suggest you get yourself a piece of paper and pen and write down the 10 things you would do in the next year if you knew you only had 1 year left on this planet. Then set about completing them the same way a starving wolf would attack a plate of meat.

It's always better to take action rather than moan.

#48     Feb 2, 2019
    imjohn, sle and themickey like this.
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

That hurt, but I guess I needed to hear it. I don't mean to be a whiner. I have a lot going for me.

I need to get up off the mat and go after things rather than waiting for them to come to me.

And dealing with shit with alcohol has to stop. I think that's the heart of the problem.

#49     Feb 2, 2019
    bone and themickey like this.
  10. 1percent

1percent

#50     Feb 2, 2019