I wish I shorted JAVA friday.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Apr 6, 2009.

1. ooh your a genius.

this is all after the fact and tells me NOTHING about future happenings with JAVA.

#11     Apr 6, 2009
  2. eagle

eagle

Damn! My point was trying to learn how to read price that might be used for future opportunity. That’s all about. :(

Experiences told me that nothing further than to learn the price action itself. It's the most enigmatic of all and I didn't claim and will never claim that I master it.

The reason behind was that I wanted to validate this supposition/reason with the experts. You didn't seem to help me. But thanks anyway for your time.

#12     Apr 6, 2009
  3. Leaked Strategy update.

[​IMG]

#13     Apr 6, 2009
  4. I'm watching this closely as I see good opportunity for 30 percent upside real quick.

I don't see how IBM can pass this up even at 10 bucks a share. These are the best times for M and A's, 5 years forward and IBM will not be able to get this kind of deal.

#14     Apr 6, 2009
  5. eagle

eagle

Looks like the showstopper isn't only the price a share but could be other stuff...

#15     Apr 6, 2009
  6. AAA30

AAA30

Agree with eagle the arb should not of been that big on friday but of course it was not actually announced so hard to say for sure.

#16     Apr 6, 2009
  7. Sun.pk soon? Company is doomed

#17     Apr 6, 2009
  8. I think thats too pessimistic an assessment. Sun has enough liquid cash to pay off all of its debt and still have 1 bln in the bank. True, it is still overvalued with a book price of $4.73, but I don't see them going to the pink sheets anytime soon. I don't think they can continue to stand alone as a company, but I do think they will be sold in time. A brand name is a brand name, and a company with enough capital can easily pick this up for 7.5 bln or more. I think it would be more a move to bulldoze the playing field though, than for any real profit potential. Now is a great time to buy up competitors and just get them out of the way, and I think the deal is grinding down because of McNealy-- he's been working their 27 years, and it's probably a pride thing. Whatever, I doubt hes a real contender when staring down at a 10 bln briefcase.

#18     Apr 6, 2009
  9. nortel, lucent, siri/XM are brand names, too

#19     Apr 6, 2009
  10. I agree with you, no doubting that. Sun s a bit of a different beast, than say XM, though. Anyways, we'll see where it goes. I would never long this stock, but I think a good entry & exit are very possible with the talks on fringe.

#20     Apr 6, 2009