I will code your strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by xidous, Dec 4, 2004.

1. TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

For those of you getting tired of standing in xidous' long queues, let it be known that nononsense may still be willing to accept a few qualifying candidates for his services. Some have rightfully objected that Tradestation services may not be appropriate and convincing solutions. None of this at nononsense. Only genuine 'state of the art' software.

Successful application will require prior proof of sufficiently profitable strategies to be programmed. Every accepted project will be handled 100% for free. No hidden charges. Friendly service.

Be good,
    nononsense
    :cool:

#21     Feb 23, 2005
  2. Both data on a 1 tick data resolution, buy ES when NQ has a up tick and sell ES when NQ has an down tick.

Please give me a 1 year backtesting result and post it.

Thanks in advance.

Oh... can't be done? TS has other flaws(or limitations) which are totally unacceptable as a system trader.

#22     Feb 24, 2005
  3. Dear Nononsense, as highly likely you may receive soon too many requests beyond your capacity just like Xidous do, I would like to offer my free assistance to you, plus some finder's fees as well once the system(s) making profits. Look forward to your reply. Cheers, OT :cool:

#23     Feb 24, 2005
  4. da-net

da-net

are you capable of java? do you honor confidentiality? please reply direct

#24     Apr 1, 2005
  5. Sure.

It doesn't mean that he/she will not use your ideas - with slight mdifications of course - to trade, even sell them to others perhaps.

Think about it people...

#25     Apr 1, 2005
  6. nononsense is capable of anything. He always 'honors confidentiality', except if it gets really crazy.

your business will be most welcome.

#26     Apr 4, 2005
  7. Hello, it may be a little off topic, but maybe someone can help me on this problem:

I use TS 2000i with MetaServer for IB data feed. One symbol I'm watching is the EUR/USD future which has four decimal digits. I use the futures template. Quotes are received correctly, the chart is fine, too.

However, when I insert a strategy and start the performance report, it shows only two decimal digits for buy and sell prices, e.g. 1.22 instead of 1.2245. This issue makes the whole report meaningless. Can the report's price resolution be inreased to four digits?

Thanks for your help!

#27     Sep 26, 2005
  8. View => Chart Options => Strategy => Decimal Places to use in optimisation reports

Maria

#28     Sep 26, 2005
  9. Hello Maria,
    thanks for your suggestion.

If I applied it properly, it doesn't seem to adress my problem though. Indeed it does change the number of decimal places in the strategy optimization report.

However, the strategy performance report still states the trade prices with only 2 decimal digits, e.g. "buy at 1.22, sell at 1.22" instead of "buy at 1.2203, sell at 1.2254" or something like that.

In the first case, the displayed results are only an accumulation of slippage and commisions (negative), while the trade results themselves, which typically result from decimal digits no. 3 and 4, are omitted.

#29     Sep 27, 2005
  10. maxpi

maxpi

In TS8, maybe TS2k as well, you can format each output of a strategy or indicator. Make the chart the active window then it's format -strategy.

#30     Sep 27, 2005