I will buy one of these stocks tomorrow:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mrmarket, Nov 25, 2003.

1. gms

gms

3 months for 17%??!!??

In the past week, I traded THO for a 9% gain in one day, MOGN for a 8% gain in 3 days, and today LSCP for an 8% gain in one day. Send me some meats and cheeses, will'ya? I'm on a low-carb diet.

#31     Feb 17, 2004
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

yes, I hear you.

#32     Feb 17, 2004
  3. Arnie

Arnie

A picture of $$Mr Market$$

#33     Feb 17, 2004
  4. Some of you guys would rather lose money than admit that MrMarket is a better stock picker than you are. Me, I like to make money, so I'm only too happy to catch a ride on the Meats and Cheese train.

My question is, how many missed winners will it take? 60? 70? 100? What is the price of your pride? Face it, most of you haven't had the benefit of MrMarket's Wharton education. There is no shame in letting him help you, just as there is no shame in going to a doctor when you are ill. Just repeat slowly after me " MrMarket is huge, MrMarket is huge, Mrmarket is huge..."

#34     Feb 17, 2004
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

yeah baby.....that mo-f**k is really huge...biceps and all......cheese for everyone.....I have to say surf dude has made me money overall in his picks... no ego here only meat...

#35     Feb 17, 2004
  6. Arnie

Arnie

He asks for it, AAA. Guy never takes a loss cus he never closes out a losing trade. C'mon on!! But he sure is entertaining.

:D

#36     Feb 17, 2004
  7. gms

gms

He asks for it because he needs to feel he's "right". That seems to be in harmony with his continually encouraging others to commend him. This need to be right is an amateurish mindset. Pretending losses don't count until the trade is closed out is also an amateurish, and incorrect, mindset as well. On his site, a good number of his active posters admit to being poor investors on their own, so they praise him for his stock picks believing that stock selection is the key to rewards, and don't fathom the errors of his methods (such as opportunity cost, how losses can cut into profits, his very limited understanding of effective stops, etc). On this site, we're more into trading (presumably) and are more knowledgeable about these matters (some of us), so he doesn't get the adulation he seeks here, except from those who are cut from the same cloth as his site's membership, or pretenders that egg him on.

#37     Feb 17, 2004
  8. There were several traders on ET who bluntly stated buying DHI on November 10 was a poor trade. They boldly stated that homebuilders were going to crash, and that among the homebuilders, HOV was a better pick.

OK..

here are the facts since ....DHI was up 17%. The S&P 500 was up 6%. HOV was down 2%. If I had "cut my losses" on DHI, I would have had a loser for a trade. Instead I have a HUGE winner...again! For the 51st time in a row, I have a winner of greater than 15%.

So where are those ET folks who said that this pick was a loser???? (and please show me the math this time). Fair is fair..now it's time to admit I was right and you were wrong. Need I search through all the postings to "out" you? I'd hate to do that! (Actually just search on DHI and you'll find them ha ha ha ha!).

Average returns are for average investors. Superior returns are for superior investors. Yes, I went to Wharton and this education has helped me tremendously in my ability to pick winning stocks. I am superior. The meats and cheeses come to me.

mrmarket@mrmarketishuge.com

#38     Feb 17, 2004
  9. onewaypockets

11-13-03 03:21 PM
    Re: Another HUGELY successful $$$MR. MARKET$$$ pick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from mrmarket:

Posted: 10 Nov 2003 05:05 pm Post subject: DHI ==> The $$$MR. MARKET$$$ Veterans Day Pick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes $$$MR. MARKET$$$ just loves to prove to the world that he’s oh so so good.

The style in which you post leads people to attack you personally...myself included. In the same vain people would also very much enjoy seeing smug Martha Stewart slip on a bananna peel and take a header or have her dressed in prison blues. Kodak moments to be sure.

There will be many watching this trade. Of course you could simply declare yourself a long term holder like many of your other holdings. Trouble is when the party is finally over for these home builder stocks the door slams shut suddenly and the stock price will fall in half, or worse. There was a small taste of things to come in June when there was an interest rate scare for a couple of weeks. This stock was down something like 15% in two weeks. To promote a trading style that does not have stops is absolutely nuts. I guess that does not matter to an "investor" like yourself though, you only buy 50 shares on your lunch hour.

This home building boom is the temporary illusion enabled by a crusty old man named Greenspan trying to preserve his legacy and book deals by pumping the system with cheap money directed at consumers since business cannot/will not spend. There is nothing unique or special about DHI, they just plow dirt and build boxes. Consumers will be the bag holders for these over priced homes just like they were for over priced stocks in 2000.

Looks like I was right and you were wrong Mr. Onewaypockets.

#39     Feb 17, 2004
  10. Edit/Delete • Quote • Complain

dgabriel
    Elite Member

11-09-03 11:49 PM
    Week preview
    Indicies are near highs and I don't see an edge one way or another, but they are somewhat 'overbought'.

I am looking at several candidates long and short.

Homebuilders look like they started a correction on friday with big volume large range moves down after extending well into historic highs the last month. I won't bother to post charts but I will consider the following for short entries this week:

WLS, SPF, RYL (got really whacked friday), PHM, HOV, BZH, LEN (below 90), KBH, DHI, and MDC

My feeling is that the rats may be jumping ship and Monday may be another stab down. Anyone who has traded these stock on an intraday basis knows that they can be volatile and thin, but can also run well.

For the rest see the individual posts.

#40     Feb 17, 2004