I went totally broke because...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Sanaz3, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Go back to work and save another $7,000: you've only covered the first semester.

Don't give up but understand that your 'rules' are not RULES: they are general guidelines. (Number 1 will never be realized.)

Focus on one stock: learn its behavior. Nobody can follow 1200 stocks effectively.

Keep trying and good luck.

#21     Feb 16, 2010
  2. that's even worse... in terms of risk management.

#22     Feb 16, 2010
  3. Many big traders blew up their accounts few times before making it big.

Try again when you have enough money...

#23     Feb 16, 2010
  4. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

Thanks, that's comforting. I will come back to the market again with a new strategy once I save up some money. Any comments on my "5 simple rules" as somebody said they are just general guidelines!!?

#24     Feb 16, 2010
  5. Listen kid, don't daytrade. Find oversold good stocks and buy them,and wait. Buy before earnings expectations, and sell when story is out.

#25     Feb 16, 2010
  6. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

Thanks for your advice, but can you give me some rules if mine aren't? Whatever they are, they discipline me and save me from big losses!

I read somewhere that, Jesse Livermore lost big money when he didn't follow his own rules.

#26     Feb 16, 2010
  7. You might want to test your next strategy on a demo acct to make sure it works before you trade with real money next time.

If your strategy doesnt make you money on DEMO then you're not ready to trade for real.....PERIOD

....and get yourself a real job on the side(even part time nights) to keep yourself afloat. Your father shouldn't have to babysit your wallet.

#27     Feb 16, 2010
  8. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

I am working on developing a new strategy now and also looking for a job for a few months.

And I borrowed that money from my father and will pay it back.

#28     Feb 16, 2010
  9. Buzzed

Buzzed

If I were you, I would pay my debt back before trading again. Trading while in debt will most likely make a bad situation worse.

#29     Feb 16, 2010
  10. Sanaz3

Sanaz3

I completely agree with you.

#30     Feb 17, 2010