I went to the store today and concluded that rates are going up.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by michaelscott, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I pay 2.65 on average in Chicago. You guys are alarmists.

#21     Jun 6, 2007
  2. LOL. :D

#22     Jun 6, 2007
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

i pay 3 for half a gallon ( i might be off a little )....horizon organic milk...im getting raped...

#23     Jun 6, 2007
  4. I actually don't drink milk.

Human beings were not meant to drink milk from the udder of a cow.

#24     Jun 6, 2007
  5. Inflation risk remains contain....

"ex-food and energy" :D

#25     Jun 6, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

this is true....but i love my cafe' con leche in the morning..:p

#26     Jun 6, 2007
  7. Last year I could buy two grapefruits for 99 cents. Just yesterday I payed $1.49 for one:mad:

#27     Jun 6, 2007
  8. I wonder how much of the inflation is really caused by energy. Your supermarket's enormous utility bill has probably gone up as much as your house utility bill. A gallon of milk weighs 10 lbs, and it's very expensive to transport, so are fruits/veggies which are mostly water. Those fuel surcharges by Fedex and UPS seem to have become permanent. Airfare increases have also been driven by higher energy costs. My friend owns a restaurant and said his utility bill is up big from a couple of yrs ago.

but ya, there's no way inflation is just 2-3%

#28     Jun 6, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

Inflation is MUCH higher than the Gummint reports. They are manipulating our behavior by constantly lying about it.

#29     Jun 6, 2007
  10. What's funny is people bitch about the price of gasoline when it's pre-tax price is at about parity with milk.

Milk unlike fossil fuel is reoccurring. Milk comes from a cow in Wisconsin. Gasoline is cracked in a refinery after being transported from Arabia where it's drilled miles below the desert sand. And to think there're guy's bearish on oil....

That aside inflation is massive.

#30     Jun 6, 2007