I went to the store today and concluded that rates are going up.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by michaelscott, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Inflation is closer to 9% than the 2.3% the fed reserve so cynically spews.

What a discredited system of government and quasi-government we have, no?

The reality is that they can't successfully lie about the price of gasoline, milk, cereal, natural gas, electricity, health insurance, or...

...anyone notice a theme here?

Anything that is necessary for life has inflated the most. We are being gouged on inflexible goods. Is there any coincidence that so much consolidation, M&A, and PE activity has focused on utilities, etc. while the powers that be look the other way?

Anything that you need will continue to dramatically ramp up in price. All this, while the USD is deflated.

#11     Jun 6, 2007
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

in south beach drinks are $21 bones....are they kidding me....:eek:

#12     Jun 6, 2007
  3. Some bear on Kudlow said shadow statistics says 6% the other day. Sounds reasonable to me.

#13     Jun 6, 2007
  4. katesdp

katesdp

#14     Jun 6, 2007
  5. From that article - that woman's face says it all:

"$3.50 for a gallon of milk? Why you gotta play me like that?"

[​IMG]

#15     Jun 6, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

milk is the last thing you want to be drinking anyways....

#16     Jun 6, 2007
  7. Cure for high food prices is build more farms not play with interest rates. Problem is supply not monetary.

#17     Jun 6, 2007
  8. Hehe you know what's interesting? I only buy grass fed milk and it's been about the same price for 2 years.

#18     Jun 6, 2007
  9. Milk is $1.99 here, and has been for the past year, except a few times its been on sale for $1.79

#19     Jun 6, 2007
  10. Where do you live, Cowville? :confused:

#20     Jun 6, 2007