I went to Gambler's Anonymous

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dnaj65000, Nov 23, 2003.

1. i'm glad you found this thread too. learning to acknowledge vice isn't just a necessary trait of succesful professionals, it is one of the most fundamental challenges of human existence, whether you aspire to be rich or just die with good karma, self-analysis will always yield understanding.

peece,
    saki

#41     Aug 21, 2005
  2. linkman

linkman

Exactly... Money management is the key to being a winning gambler/trader/risk taker.

Knowing how to trade/gamble and knowing how to manage your bankroll will make you a long term winner.

#42     Sep 7, 2005
  3. I give you 3 to 1 odds you can beat your gambling problem

#43     Sep 9, 2005
  4. If one gambles and loses, he is a gambler.

If one trades and loses, he is a gambler.

If one gambles and wins, he is a success.

If one trades and wins, he is a success.

But both winners and losers dream of large successes, so it seems from this thread and many other sources. Many people are more philanthropic when their own financial needs are handled, thats also human nature. Conversely, many people are more "barbaric" when their needs are threatened.

We only have to watch the news in New Orleans to see the opposite. How do people behave when their basic needs are threatened? Thats pretty much the opposite of philanthropy.
    People bludgeoned each other over basic resources like food and water.

#44     Sep 9, 2005
  5. Remiraz

Remiraz

I think what seperate an addicted gambler with the common man is that the gambler can't quit even when he is losing badly.

#45     Sep 9, 2005