I went from $7,000 to $52,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by skillz20, Feb 1, 2008.

1. I am more interested in his losers, how it went from $52,000 to $4500. You only learn from studying mistakes not winners.

#21     Feb 2, 2008

2. You obviously have great money management skills, going down from $52,000 to $4600.

#22     Feb 2, 2008
  3. Or...Some people just go back pumping gas at Uncle's Joes garage. An newbie option traders life span is like a butterfly's ..few weeks or 6 months.

#23     Feb 2, 2008
  4. Which means your time is just about up.

#24     Feb 2, 2008
  5. siki13

siki13

Oh so you are that guy.
    Well next time use stop loss because when you are praying that it will come back its like you are playing a game with rules and your trying to win by cheating .

#25     Feb 2, 2008
  6. Wake up deep fried f**khole. Deadbeats like you are encouraging those who lose. Get a moral compass & learn something in life, if not much.

#26     Feb 2, 2008
  7. DerekD

DerekD

Exactly.

Keeps you in the game long enough to actually learn something.

#27     Feb 2, 2008
  8. Judging by your avatar you must have some sort of demented ego who thinks he is better than anyone else. I don't know what kind of trader you are but you must be a complete ahole. There are some really good people here that I would like to learn from but it seems that there are also a good number of useless immature losers like this that contribute nothing.

#28     Feb 2, 2008
  9. Yes, but let me add this:
    stops must be placed with some intelligence acknowledging break-out levels, support, resistance, etc.
    Otherwise, you can just end up with a horrible win percentage....especially tight stops on the e-minis.
    You'll stay in the game longer, but your account will just bleed consistently and slowly.

#29     Feb 2, 2008
  10. skillz20

skillz20

I was short term trading highly volatility options such as GOOG, RIMM, BIDU, AAPL, FSLR, DRYS - Aimed at deep money options with high delta +>.90 - Towards the end I started doing less study with the same trades. Maybe got lazy looking at the overall market indicators. Maybe a little overconfident. I probably will not be as aggressive this time around. Not saying I will be playing with scared money, just a bit slower to reduce the risk of potential burnout. Probably do some more reading on market psychology.

#30     Feb 2, 2008