I went from $7,000 to $52,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by skillz20, Feb 1, 2008.

1. one thing left to do....

[​IMG]

#11     Feb 1, 2008
  2. You're exactly the sort of useless asshole who should have his IP address banned from ET. So the guy blew his account. Your tough-guy, jerkoff trash talk provides no insight and offers absolutely nothing of value. It's not even entertaining. You probably blew out your $5k account and are just here to vent your frustration.

"Champion"...give me a fucking break.

#12     Feb 1, 2008
  3. Respect you very very much

Here is my real experience:
    I started my serious trading with $550 - $600 at a dead account on Mid Oct, 2007. After 2 months hard work, it went up as high as 12k at mid of Dec.2007.... but just in 2 weeks right before Xmas I lost half of it. Today it goes up to 15k at the new high

So come on, man. Learn from it. Strengthen what you have, avoid the mistake you did. You will laugh at the end

Good luck

#13     Feb 1, 2008
  4. whoodi

whoodi

Studying losses are key. I was looking at my trades today and found I get careless towards the month end. The worst losses where I didn't obey my stops accouted for 1/3 of the months losses. System is ok I just have to be more disciplied

#14     Feb 1, 2008
  5. Member since 2003? Thank God you don't post that much.

To the OP, good luck getting back into the swing.

#15     Feb 1, 2008

6. So one years worth of gains lost in one month. "respect" is important in life and you learn the hard way.

#16     Feb 1, 2008
  7. TGM

TGM

Good trading. But what are you trading?

forex?

#17     Feb 1, 2008
  8. Hey man.

I have a friend who did just what you did.

He started with about 10k, got it up to about $23k investing in Apple and Rimm and some others, and then got brought back down to 13k with the same stocks.

So, his buy and hold strategy didn't work and he's learning from his mistakes.

Good luck!

#18     Feb 1, 2008
  9. Only options with money management

Play the market with sectors rotation.

For example, I got SNDK 27.5 calls yesterday at 0.35. Today sold half 1.2 and keep half to the next days

SEMI(SMH) caught up with the big market today. Put NEM yesterday but got out too early

When financials (xlf) leads the market, it's a real bull market. Everything will be in order awhile

#19     Feb 1, 2008
  10. same experience as me
    $ 2250 to 4200 to 300....

poor money management

Trading is not just Technical and fundamental.. .emotional control and money management take big parts

#20     Feb 2, 2008