I was sick, tired and had lost myself until I began lifting weights at 71

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Ninja Mobile Trader VPS, Jul 26, 2021.

How often do you exercise per week?

1. 5-7 days

16.7%
  2. 3-5 days

58.3%
  3. 1-3 days

16.7%
  4. I want to be feel like I don't have time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Exercise is not part of my trading plan

8.3%
  1. Joan Macdonald faced growing health problems before she began lifting weights, shattering preconceptions about what’s possible in your eighth decade: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ost-myself-until-i-took-up-bodybuilding-at-71

It's never too late in life to develop positive habits!

Many consistently profitable traders say exercise is an important contributing factor to their success. Exercise naturally regulates the body & mind, helping to put a trader in the correct headspace.
    1. Fitness stimulates your brain
    2. Workout makes you happier
    3. Working out reduces stress
    4. Exercise makes you look better*
    *Even if you're still on your journey to profitability, at least in the meantime exercise will make you look better

Trading psychology cannot be understated. It's too easy to make excuses why you don't have time for the gym or to go out for a run/bike ride. If you think you don't have time, then you need to find the right setup that will allow you to work, trade, and exercise simultaneously.

There are alternatives to sitting all day in front of your home computer because you're waiting for the right trade setup. Our lag free chart trading servers allow you to take your whole trading workspace with you everywhere you go and you'll never feel like you're missing a trade setup again. Trade at the gym, work, while commuting, and even on vacation.

wrbtrader and Relentless like this.
  2. Jack LaLanne would be proud.

3. zghorner

zghorner

Granny on that juice, good for her.

4. I used to go to the gym about 3 times per week. However, the gym got closed last year due to the corona pandemic and hasn't reopened yet. I'm looking forward to restart once the gym is available again.

5. jnbadger

jnbadger

I'm 54, and I plan to start this workout on September 1st. I hurt myself recently, and my ribs are still sore. Hopefully I'm ready by then.

[​IMG]

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Why didn't you then just exercise at home, backyard, or somewhere else ?

wrbtrader

7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Everything is great until your last sentence...
    • Trade at the gym, work, while commuting, and even on vacation.
    Gym, work, commuting, and vacation...these are the wrong situations for trading. Trading requires 100% focus on trading (your money) and trying to do such from a gym or commuting...not good.

Never do such from work unless you're the boss and you have your own private office.

Vacations are just that...to get away from everything that sends a person on vacation and not a place to invite everything you're trying to get away from.

wrbtrader

8. Exercise requires similar focus, if it is to be done correctly. Otherwise it's just being phoned in.

wrbtrader likes this.
  9. My understanding is that doing only pushing exercises can potentially create a shoulder imbalance. I think it would be better to complement pushing exercises with pulling movements.

10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Good point. Jump ropes will help with that a little. But I have some 25lb dumbbells, so I could incorporate some bent over lat exercises.

#10     Aug 22, 2021