I was out to dinner, I come back futures are up 6, anybody know why?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tivthetrader, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Serious question. I dont see anything that would spark the move, what did I miss, did we capture Bin Laden?

2. Samc

Samc

Was wondering the same thing myself. I do see Euro rallying some and Dollar falling...but commodities don't seem to be going up on this move either (i.e. Copper). Overseas markets don't seem to be up that much either.

3. S2007S

S2007S

Just noticed this too, I guess today was the buying opportunity for the next 2 WEEKS!!!

All losses from today are literally gone from tonight's bump up in the futures, pretty amazing market, one down day followed by another 10 up days. Simple as that.

S&P FUT
    1332.10 5.80 +0.44%
    DOW FUT
    12246.00 44.00 +0.36%
    NAS FUT
    2389.50 8.00 +0.34%

4. Bit of a short squeeze in Hong Kong at the moment, pretty big move off the lows, may be a sympathy move in US, but you never know.

5. Samc

Samc

I do see that move in Hang Seng now. What is funny/sad (depending on how involved in the market you are at a given time) is that we seem to use ANY excuse to go up. But the exact opposite occurrence does not actually bring us down. Merely pauses us at best.

6. probably a janitor found a page about QE3 in the xerox machine Ben uses.

7. S2007S

S2007S

I thought he found a page about QE5???

QE3 is already in the works I think QE5 is the page he found.

8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Honestly, are you guys still totally clueless why the market is rallying ? There are very real reasons that serious investors have to buy large caps with growing profits/dividends right now.

This site is like a fantasy land of false reasons and bad top calls.
    Negativity is accentuated and positive news ignored. This just isn't reality its best just to fade popular opinion on here and trade well.

9. Eddiefl

Eddiefl

arent you just the 15 dollar a beer queer boy. Of course we all know why its going higher, uncle ben, pomo, 600billion bond buying.

we are just making some market talk, but no you come in like some almighty, above it all/all of us, faggot. Your like the guy at the corner of the bar drinking pelligrino at a Miller lIte bar.

I would come up to you and smack you in the back of the head piss ant.

put that in your pelligrino,

EF

10. Roark

Roark

Are the futures still up? The kospi is dumping now. It's looking like another leg down in the down trend that started about a week ago.

#10     Feb 16, 2011