I was long URE from 4-29-09 to 4-30-09, in your face shorts!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Uncle_Ho, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Yea you may think thats dumb but it helps me to verbalize my position and trade better when I can hear other opinions on what I am looking at. I would never buy something just cause some idiot on ET thinks its a good idea, and if i'm trading for that size, for you to insinuate that is idiocy.

I do not like getting one-sided in my mind, and I tend to have tunnel-vision in some of my trades. I like to hear others' opinions even though I do not agree with them sometimes. You may think posting my position on a public trading forum and asking for input is noob, but it helps me think about the position that I have on.

Piss off hater.

#11     Apr 30, 2009
  2. Let the battle begin

#12     Apr 30, 2009
  3. Uncle Ho, out of curiosity, are you my little cousin? Do you live on the corner of upper west and 3rd?

#13     Apr 30, 2009
  4. Uncle Ho:

If I'm not mistaken, URE debuted back in March 2007, and as Real Estate plunged, so did this symbol, to a low of $ 1.78.

Nobody knows if we already saw the bottom on RE. But if we did it, just imagine how high this ETF may go in future years.

Personally, I made 2 trades today from the long side 3.82-3.89, only 1000 shares per ticket, in less than 2 hours. It really moves.

For some one like you with deep pockets, it is not a bad idea to buy long term and keep shares with proceeds from day trading profits.

Just my 2 cents. LT chart attached.

From The Safe.

#14     May 1, 2009
  5. Uncle Ho is obviously an alias of one of the several ET delusionals who keeps claiming to be a highly successful trader who will educate us poor critters, etc.

Uncle Ho is little more than a paper trader living in Dady's basement. Probably has a part time job at the hardware store and has no life other than to get shock value from the internet.

I think a lot of people know who that is.

#15     May 1, 2009
  6. I'm glad you got all that from this one trade traderzones, I wish that were the case, but no, i actually am a professional trader and it all began scalping 1 lots. From there i've been able to SCALP 100 lots in almost every futures market from CL to US-30yr, yea that's 100k every dollar. So keep dreaming and maybe someday you'll be able to post your trades on ET without fabricating lol. Till then you can keep saying that anyone who trades more than 1 lot lives in their parents' basement.

If you don't believe the authenticity why don't you check some previous posts, but really i could care less what some 1 lot pingers have to say about my trading skills.

Thank you FROMTHESAFE, I have been thinking that same thing since I started eying this ETF about a month ago. I'm glad I dumped that 50k shares yesterday before the close because today it was down pretty good. I've been thinking about buying 40k-50k shares and holding it long-run because I think this ETF could double in 2 years for sure. I appretiate the info man.

I still have some reserve tho. Is there any way that this ETF could have negetive equity or a bad balance sheet. I'm kinda new to ETFs and how they exactly correlate with the underlying equity or whatever.

#16     May 1, 2009
  7. Jumping into the fray, bought 50k @ 3.72

We'll see how that goes, seeing a little strength in the market.

#17     May 1, 2009
  8. Sold them out at 3.65, really did not like the momentum here at all, changed up. -3.5k. Good thing I own rimm today or i'd feel a little worse.

This rally is wierd, very unpredictable. I will look for price stability next week to jump back in on this.

Ultimately I'd like to buy some here, then again if we can get up into the 4.10 to 4.25 area.

#18     May 1, 2009
  9. ".....Is there any way that this ETF could have negetive equity or a bad balance sheet. I'm kinda new to ETFs and how they exactly correlate with the underlying equity or whatever.

I have no idea. I treat it as a symbol that moves on a trend. I just happened to guess that is the Ultra ETF for long RE. Maybe some one else at ET pours into Balance Sheets, fundamentals etc. So far I did not jump into it today. Its trending down on a 10 min chart.

One symbol that caught my eye today is XRX. I got few cents on this early move. Chart attached. (Not that I want to distract you from URE)

Best!
    From The Safe

• xrx.jpg
      File size:
      54.6 KB
      Views:
    #19     May 1, 2009
  10. Sorry, Ho. You are a paper trader, as in zero lots.

"HELP ME, ETers"
    Question, how long do I ride this winner? Any of you ETers think we could break out on the upside of this range maybe a couple hundy in the dow. Or do you think we've ran out of steam.

"YOU ETers ARE WANNA-BES"
    Too bad, but thats what you gotta do when you are a good trader who has cohones, unlike some on ET...*cough haters *cough.

In other words, you grovel for ET advice, brag about your paper-trading size, and then insult ETers.

you are an alias or just a dreamer...

#20     May 1, 2009