I was long URE from 4-29-09 to 4-30-09, in your face shorts!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Uncle_Ho, Apr 30, 2009.

1. I bought about 100,000 shares yesterday at 3.70 at like 9-10, bought another 50,000 shares at 3.78 when we broke before the close (that was a hard break to stomach, fast), then sold 50k at 3.68 and 50k at 3.80. I still held on to 50k for today and have got well over 10k in the trade.

Question, how long do I ride this winner?

Any of you ETers think we could break out on the upside of this range maybe a couple hundy in the dow. Or do you think we've ran out of steam.

I might hold on to it tomarrow and get out before weeking?

Advice would be appretiated.

2. sprstpd

sprstpd

I would advise you to stop trading immediately.

3. zdreg

zdreg

close your positions. I would advise Uncle Ho(t) not to wait for Santa to to say ho ho ho. Instead u should say ho ho ho and go to a massage place immediately for a happy ending.

4. spinn

spinn

What I want to know is how did this Ho get $500k to trade with in the first place?

5. He runs the massage parlor....:D

6. Banff01

Banff01

You made my day, punk! :D

7. Sold 50k shares at 3.82 on the close. Too bad, but thats what you gotta do when you are a good trader who has cohones, unlike some on ET...*cough haters *cough.

I thought it was a good hold above $4 this morning, but overall stock market couldn't follow through with the ralley.

This nice run seems like its getting harder and harder to get higher. I take this as the market is going to move a lot higher soon, or we could see some type of pull back to the bottom of this range, maybe a bit lower 7,800 dow and i'm a buyer again.

8. sprstpd

sprstpd

Congrats on the trade. Why ask for advice then?

9. I scratched trade, maybe made 5k from yesterday on it till close...Needed input this morning, too bad I didn't get any serious input, might have made me thought a little more about the position.

Shows me that the majority of ET land is not made up of REAL traders. :(

10. Banff01

Banff01

If you're looking for advice on whether to hold a position on a public forum that tells us more about you then you can imagine. Think about it before you take another trade.

#10     Apr 30, 2009