I want to trade in the future...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Goldstein, Mar 27, 2010.

1. RichKid

RichKid

Goldstain I'm 16, and when first time I'm heard about trading "big boys" say to me -your little ass must stay in school. I say fuck it. Because trading give to you very great opportunity ! get rich or die trying. With good MM you never die A. Gerchik ! Peace...

#11     Mar 27, 2010
  2. the1

the1

Major in Mathematics with an emphasis on statistics or pursue a degree in Computational or Quantitative Finance. Become proficient in C++ along the way. Even with all this education you will probably still fail unless you're lucky enough to get a job with a firm that has access to inside information. If not, you're competing against those that have it, which insures your failure. The US markets are as corrupt as a third world country's markets.

#12     Mar 27, 2010
  3. blox87

blox87 Guest

Go open up a Demo account and practice, practice, practice for 5 years. . Read , read , read. Read "rich dad, poor dad".... Market wizards.... and High probability trading for starters . If you really WANT to go to college then take up finance or economics. My buddy is in economics right now and Ben Bernanke is the author for the book in his macro class. LOL what a scam of a system but thats a different story.

Be frugal and save most of your money . Alot of my peers bought booze, weed, fancy cars, big tv's, videogames and other BS ON CREDIT... Don't go down that road, be wise with your money.

"rich dad , poor dad" is the book that started getting my "financial " mind to think. If you know little about finance then "rich dad, poor dad" is a good one for starters. Stay realistic on your journey. It's just like becoming a doctor. It takes a time and hard work.

#13     Mar 27, 2010
  4. RichKid

RichKid

Best Book for rookie is : Book of Daytrading, Lewis J. Borsellino !

#14     Mar 27, 2010
  5. Take some courses in US and world economics. Much of fundamental analysis of the markets is based upon economics. Some business courses would be helpful to assist you in reading a company's balance sheet when considering what stocks in which to invest. If you enjoy computer programming, that would be a very useful skill. When you find trading methods that are successful, being able to program them and partially or totally automate your trading can make you more efficient. Using various trading software programs such as Trade Station or Ninja Trader will be a lot easier if you are knowledgable about programming. Statistics have several important trading applications, so be sure to take a statistics course.

Also start reading the Wall Street Journal and/or Investors Business Daily to give you additional ideas for courses applicable to trading and investing in college. In addition, if you have a few extra dollars consider using the knowledge you obtain about various companies to start investing some money in DRIPS. You can start trading with very little money right now. Actually investing money will make what you are learning in these newspapers even more real to you.

You need to have a way to earn money for trading. So try to get a degree in something you would also enjoy working at until you have earned enough money to trade. You can trade certain markets early in the morning or in the evening, so plan on both working at a job and trading before or after work initially.

Good luck and have fun in college.

#15     Mar 27, 2010
  6. Study psychology. That influences the market as much as anything else.
    Take a minor in history.

#16     Mar 27, 2010
  7. :) :) :)

#17     Mar 27, 2010
  8. Lethn

Lethn

Study whatever you like besides trading, get a job, save up and trade with the capital you've saved and put the rest towards paying your bills.

#18     Mar 27, 2010
  9. Hmmm??? Not sure if I understand this.

Are you saying the person who designs your automation strategy does not need to have too much thinking?

You can get a machine to work automatically. But the engineers who design the machine... need a lot of thinking.

#19     Mar 27, 2010
  10. You have it back to front....:D

NiN

#20     Mar 28, 2010