I want to tell traders what "edge" disclosure can and can't do

Discussion in 'Trading' started by original, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Please help, teach me the force.

#21     Apr 23, 2008
  2. Teach me your edge.

#22     Apr 23, 2008
  3. very insightful for a troll

#23     Apr 23, 2008
  4. I am your superior, you know it

I know it, make peace with it

good luck :cool:

#24     Apr 23, 2008
  5. sure, I can

just what exactly will you give in return ??

Hell you can't even teach me to use the force Jedi, cause psychokinesis is my hobby :D :D

but if you'd like read posts of this guy by the name of COLD

he is brilliant :D :D

#25     Apr 23, 2008

6. It is quite apparent this fool couldn't trade out of a paper bag. He epitomizes the ignoble stupidity that has become the hallmark of ET of late.

Next thing he'll be a ET "sponser" selling $299/month subscriptions to his trading site.

#26     Apr 23, 2008
  7. LOL :D

that's the beautiful thing about human preception, its like water, it can be anything

but since I can use my superior intellect

I must point out that, its possible that you know I am real deal but want to sabotage my thread out of fear

Hey I did that myself few times

keep up the fun, without it I would leave

ok time to hit the hay :p :p :p

#27     Apr 23, 2008
  8. You live in Vancouver, how late can it possibly be there?? Its 9:25 et here

#28     Apr 23, 2008
  9. I understand that mastering trading is very difficult and expensive: I've spent two full years trying and another 9 working on it part-tme.

Between losses, books, software, seminars, courses, quotes, and lost opportunity income I would say that I am 200K in the hole. I am lucky in that I have no debts and make very good money as a consultant and view this as an nvestment in my business. Through all of that, I can throughly understand why somebody who has learned how to make a living by trading would never disclose his/her secret to anybody except maybe a son or daughter (or other very close person).

I have just ONE question for those that have 'made it' trading (and I doubt the OP qualifies): is there a way to MECHANICALLY trade the S&P (or ES) profitably? I have paper-trader umpteen strategies & have more to test but still have not found one that provides more than a 48/52% advantage. The original thesis does not pan out but the nverse does not either. So to help those of us truly interested and without giving your secrets away:

1) do you use a totally mechanical system sucessfully?

2) if some discretion is involved is it in the entry, exit or both?

3) if discretion is used, how much is used in comparison to the mechanical parts?

4) what is the % of winners or losers and what do you expect for a win/loss ratio?

Any answers would be appreciated by all.

#29     Apr 23, 2008
  10. I agree. Your edge is your ability to stick to your system and apply it to the market 100 % of the time.

It was once said that you can publish your trading system in the newspaper, and people will still lose money simply because they fail to apply all the rules of the trading system.

control your emotions and master your trades.

#30     Apr 23, 2008