I want to take a course on how to trade es

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by smallcapgrowth, Mar 31, 2017.

1. volpri

volpri

If you have no stop at all how do you exit in say a flash crash south and you are long. Manually? How does your system take you out automaticaaly if you have no stop at all in the system? Why do you say your stop changes every few ticks if you have none?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    #51     Apr 21, 2017
  2. Mtrader

Mtrader

He has a stop, the stop is called "margin call". And there is even a second stop: broker closing the account after wipe out. :D

#52     Apr 21, 2017
    pak, truetype and volpri like this.
  3. volpri

volpri

Is that last one called a permanent stop? ROFLMAO

#53     Apr 21, 2017
  4. Mtrader

Mtrader

Depends how deep his pockets are. Let's hope there is no hole in his pockets. :D

#54     Apr 21, 2017
  5. just remember one thing!

#55     Apr 21, 2017
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Trading is always like this.

So you better be prepared.

System has protective stops, however they are not placed on trading platform, if flash crash happens and don't recover during the day, account can lose 20-25%, but it is a matter of when and not if. System does well manually as I have traded it manually past 3 months. I feel I have back tested it far back in enough time to understand what can happen and understand it can be much worse. This is no worse that losing huge open profits of my long term trades. BUT for me, this style has worked whereas most other back tests are profitable but losing percentages are much higher than I want based on weekly stats for scalping. 70% of the time does not trade past first hour, so reduction of time, less chance for "flash crashes".

#56     Apr 21, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Yes Volpri, I was in a bad mood yesterday. I just hate how everyone thinks ES is the only instrument in the world, and how every educator out there uses it as an example in their trading system. Ug!!!!

Sorry. I'm just totally frustrated in having to halt my CL trading plan. I think I will have to go back to day-trading until CL is normalized. But it won't be with the ES at least!

#57     Apr 21, 2017
  8. volpri

volpri

you might look at trying the nq. It tends to follow thru better on direction without so much whipsawing. Never traded CL so i can say anything about it. ES has alot of Mean (really mean) Reversion. Know what I mean?

#58     Apr 21, 2017
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, I have looked at NQ, it has some great moves that work well for trails. Unfortunately I have been focused on energy commodities for the past year (mostly CL), rather than equities. I have many choices to choose from, and am reformulating my "plan of attack".

#59     Apr 21, 2017
  10. Did you go back to counting cards full-time?
    It's been a while,hope you doing alright one way or the other

#60     May 29, 2017