I want to take a course on how to trade es

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by smallcapgrowth, Mar 31, 2017.

1. comagnum

comagnum

Or try reading the annual reviews of trading platforms in 'TA of Stocks & Commodities'. TS placed #1 in data feed, futures trading systems, & professional platforms. This was based on readers polls. I used TS in 2000 - as broadband speeds and computer performance has increased significantly so has the speed of TS. I know the uploads of all the tick data for every stock symbol used to take a long time - now it takes a split second. There are more choice these days, not saying TS is the ultimate for everyone - but I think it is far from a complete dog.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    #31     Apr 2, 2017
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Rule 1......

99% of forum posters are losing just like 99% of retail traders, do you really want to be taking trade advice from liars who claim to be profitable.

Your on your own, watch charts live, play the profit loss game in your head till you see something, no short cuts, hard work is the only way sadly.

#32     Apr 3, 2017
    Morganblu likes this.
  3. comagnum

comagnum

99% of those buy and hold and investors are killing it, next are the swing traders holding from weeks to months, over and over. Aiming for ticks in a raging bull is like going to a buffet and eating crumbs from the carpet.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    #33     Apr 3, 2017
    Gynesis likes this.
  4. Barely beating inflation would be more accurate. Citadel and Ren-Tech are killing it.

1d2edab216f99234fd283ccc3d34f2c8.png

#34     Apr 3, 2017
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

And thry'll miss the top, not want to close for less profit and hold it all the way down on increased leverage = bust!

Taking a few ticks out here and there either direction and not married to a direction is the way to do it. Especially as you can do that on much higher leverage than stocks 2:1 or maybe 4:1, like 50:1. Then a few ticks is worth a weeks profit trading stocks.

#35     Apr 3, 2017
  6. Handle123

Handle123

Markets are going toward more and more scalping as only way to get higher percentages of doing it consistently, there very few who willing to spend years to develop longer term day trading models, and I mean years/decade. I only know of few people on this forum who can go for much bigger swings and they stay quiet. But for me scalping the only way for me to get the profits I want, if I do badly in the first 45 minutes, I have all day to get ahead up to 4 hours then it comes down to getting even on day. I risk more than targets, just the way it is, you have to study what you backtested carefully.

Really, no course one can sign up cause it takes years to get good, unless you find a guy willing to teach you a couple years of everyday reinforcement, you going to have to do it alone. You don't have the money to make it worth it for those who can, so you have to be willing to make it for them on the back end, like trading for them after a year of trading for yourself.

Think of it this way, if you needed brain surgery, you think he/she can learn in a week?

#36     Apr 3, 2017
  7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Here's a free course that may be worth checking out:
    http://adamhgrimes.com/TAAS/the-course/

Interestingly, this guy (Adam) has tested lots of chart patterns, indicators, etc. and found the vast majority have no edge. So I'm not really sure what he teaches in his course, but it may be a good start.

#37     Apr 3, 2017
  8. I read his book, reckon it'll be the same. He covers market structure, multiple timeframe analysis and entry setups/exits among other things. Definitely worth reading for folks who want to learn, so the free course should be worthwhile.

#38     Apr 3, 2017
  9. Gynesis

Gynesis

At least he didn't lie about "patterns"... when someone starts with that crap I cringe..

#39     Apr 12, 2017
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Patterns are only visible after the fact, people teach them then expect the person there training to be able to spot it before the fact, which is what they use to justify there fee and blame you, because obviously looking at historic charts it works great.

He's got a better shot than the rest, which do above.

#40     Apr 12, 2017