I want to start a Bank..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TudorJones, Feb 26, 2008.

1. I have no doubt that, as soon as you open your doors, you will have a long line of potential borrowers waiting to do business with you. Good luck trying to attract depositors, though. Of course, you could go wholesale. Yeah, good luck with that as well.

#21     Feb 27, 2008
  2. Why not? There is no law which prohibits them to have accounts offshore .
    Why do you must have a bank registered in US ? It just depends what banking activity you want to do . Since you are not telling, we are not able to give specific answer .

#22     Feb 27, 2008
  3. A buddy of mine started a bank in Florida..that was after he sold his ECN to Citgroup but still....A LOT of money in Banking...they have a constant spread on what they pay to borrow vs what they charge to borrow.

#23     Feb 27, 2008
  4. #24     Feb 27, 2008
  5. Quote from TudorJones:

I don't mind asking questions, no matter how retarded it may sound.

-------------------------------------

Many people ask questions they know the answer to, esp important to find out who's who on the net.

#25     Feb 27, 2008
  6. you can go offshore make a business plan a get 2.5m$ to start bank in curacao if you got this and the business plan you can go and of course background of your buisness before start a bank.

#26     Mar 15, 2008
  7. Yes, when you own in totality 100 shares of a penny stock, it can be hard...

#27     Mar 16, 2008
  8. I see you are trying to inherit the mantle of stock_trad3r. "How low can you go"

#28     Mar 16, 2008
  9. I think his problem is, he is looking for a place that will accept his fortune of $250 as sufficient starting capital.

#29     Mar 16, 2008
  10. I was surfing around the site tonight and I read a bunch of your posts in different threads.

I noticed there's a common theme in your posts. In probably half of them, you either tell us how good you are, or how much money you make. That may sound like a bit of an exaggeration, but I actually think it's pretty accurate, just based on what I read tonight.

Anyhow, good luck opening your bank.

#30     Mar 16, 2008