I want to start a Bank..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TudorJones, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Cool Tudor Dude with 3 mil Hedge fund, please post your trades for the past 2 days. Or were you too busy thinking about opening a coast to coast bank with 943 locations and 12,486 ATM's?

#11     Feb 26, 2008
  2. I don't daytrade.. My size it little too big for me to get in and out like the way I used to and in a cost effective manner... unless its me just playing around sometimes to test out different things and new happenings in the market.

I like the positions that we currently have. But, unfortunately those cannot be disclosed.

& with the kinds of leverage that I am employing, that 3M works out to be much greater in buying power.

#12     Feb 26, 2008
  3. one of my friends fathers knows the real P. Tudor Jones I doubt this is the same man he is very private and would not be on this website.:D

#13     Feb 26, 2008
  4. haha... he is pvt because everyone knows him ?? How is that being private?

I am still pvt, and nobody knows about me.. I am more pvt and I am still right infront of you.

Trust me, even if I am managing a billion dollar fund, nobody will ever know about me. I am the better trader, and I am even more private.

#14     Feb 26, 2008
  5. if you are managing that much money you surely don't need any pikers advice on here to start a bank. I am sure you have the resources at your disposal to do what ever it is that you want to do. Why do you ask questions on this site or are you here to antagonize people?
    Just wondering no hate...
    I trade yield curve, energy and equities and am on here to have discussions about the markets I trade.

#15     Feb 26, 2008
  6. I value what my colleagues, both big and small think about the ideas that I have. That is precisely why I've been better than most in everything I do.. I don't mind asking the tough questions, no matter how retarded it may sound.

#16     Feb 26, 2008
  7. cool with me bro
    :)
    If you want to start a Bank I have had a couple of friends who have been involved in taking smaller banks (buying them/working for them) and bringing in a good core of Commercial Lenders in and/or putting in a program like that building the bank from within. Most banks cut their teeth in building this way by increasing their loan portfolios. When they build it big enough it gets bought out by someone then they look for another bank to do the same thing. Usually a small regional bank. Just my one friend's experience who helped build a bank into a billion dollar bank and left it to join a smaller one and do the same thing.

#17     Feb 26, 2008
  8. Thanks... I think the best way for me go forth with it would be to buy a bank.. but, it will be sometime before I can do that.

I am really only interested in ONE ASPECT of the banking industry.. not the multitude of services they provide. Thus, then again it maybe worthwhile for me to pursue something from the ground up.

#18     Feb 26, 2008
  9. I think a "hedge fund manager" would know what a REIT is....

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119116

LMAO...what a jerkoff. :D :D :D

#19     Feb 26, 2008
  10. If you are serious, contact a lawyer involved in the banking industry. My Dad worked with banks and was involved in setting up 1 or 2 in his career. Also involved in buying banks. I had actually asked him about starting a bank when I was getting out of school, but he knew me well enough to know I probably wasn't focused enough then to really give it a go, and gave me the line he'd be happy to help me get a job in one of the banks he worked with. He was right, of course (damn it he's always right..lol) and I wasn't that motivated back then.

#20     Feb 27, 2008