I want to share a strategy, but.......

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by RCG Trader, Feb 16, 2010.

1. ahah, Very true :)) Wise advice.

Tom

#21     Apr 4, 2010
  2. a very good advice +1

#22     Apr 4, 2010
  3. nitro

nitro

I am not saying that you are right or wrong in spirit, but this cannot be true. If the market was fading any particular indicator, then fading it yourself would have edge.

Imo the correct statement is, the market trades randomly around my indicator when adjusted for risk and trading costs.

#23     Apr 4, 2010
  4. charts

charts

What a crap ... :)

#24     Apr 4, 2010
  5. Sorry for this ridiculously late reply, Rabbitone. The answer is, yes they do.

It makes it much easier to see the trend, and where you are in it.

This is the google trade so far.

• goog.png
      File size:
      44.9 KB
      Views:
    #25     Apr 15, 2010
  6. I have found this to be the case, as result I have built guppy style moving averages onto the chart. It would seem that systems that traders build are truly for that trader.

#26     Apr 15, 2010
  7. Whoa....

Greed game?

I will be upfront and say I have worked with the public long enuf that I would remotely consider entering into ANY kind of agreement regarding money.

Simians can get downright silly over their bananas:)

That said, the trade I have posted is deep in the black, so I cannot be all that lost.

Caveat Emptor
    :)

#27     Apr 15, 2010
  8. bmchunu

bmchunu

I understand the disclose everything philosophy, because nobody can really help you unless they know everything about your problem.

But what I have seen here in this forum (most others too), the majority of people are here to gloat, criticize and belittle.

The best solution is to hang around, pick up information where you can and help others where you can too.

As for the BS that if it's easy or using indicators it has no advantage, that's bs. It's all about how good you are at finding patterns within your indicators.

#28     Apr 15, 2010
    #29     Apr 15, 2010
  10. I hope you got out of GOOG today or at least still in the black? It is down about $29.10 in after hours.

#30     Apr 15, 2010