I want to raise $10 million to trade...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Feb 4, 2007.

1. ummm.. who said I won't find any answers here. lol... This is really an option... only if I exhaust everything else.. But, still a way to open doors. Whatever it takes...

#61     Feb 4, 2007
  2. Rip,
    To raise capital requires a number of different things:

1) Great sales people. You can find them, train them, create them. Either way, you are going to have to pay them.

2) Great marketing. You gotta find people and then have them come to you. There is no shortage of competition out there. Advertising is one of the few places where you can spend an obscene amount of money and get ZERO results.

3) Great contacts. People who can put people who know people who know people in front of you with big dollars is key. Getting them to write that cheque is a different story.

4) Decent track record. People won't be impressed with 100% returns. Show a smart investor that you can make 20-40% a year consistently, and they will want your product.

As for contests, I am in one right now (and January was my first month as a CTA), and I am sucking big fat rhino dick. I had 25 great trading days, and then blew my last 5 days and wiped out all my gains and then some. It's painful, because the results are going out to the public, but that's what you have to do.

There are no easy roads - only crooked and bumpy ones filled with landmines.

#62     Feb 4, 2007
  3. After reading this thread...I now realize that I have made the correct decision and I am where I exactley wish to be...

trading my own money...

beep

#63     Feb 4, 2007
  4. ummm...would you die? say of aids? whatever it takes?...why would a man want to lay with another man?....animals do not even do this...

#64     Feb 4, 2007
  5. PTJ too would be thinking right now: me having started a hedgefund when I was 28 was the right way to go.

Which one was the better decision. The one you made or the one he made.

I'll tell you. Only you would think you made the right decision. So, its ALL about perspectives Electric. You can justify anything in your mind, if ya choose... But, was that the correct decision.. You and we may never know.

#65     Feb 4, 2007
  6. eww.. Never knew the details. Seems like ya know whatcha talkin about. I think I'll stick with coldcalling.. and stalking around etc.

#66     Feb 4, 2007
  7. I must have misread your golas in the opening post...but it would be up to you and your goals...let me go re-read this thread...

excuse the interuption...

But, was that the correct decision

#67     Feb 4, 2007
  8. I had a neurotic lab that tried to make it with a goat. Other than that, I agree. :)

#68     Feb 4, 2007
  9. Yes...i have now re-read the thread...i have been dup-ed...good one Ripley lol

bye bye...have fun guys...

#69     Feb 4, 2007
  10. ggoyal

ggoyal

this is ridiculous. i agree that day trading is a good way to make money. if u wana get rich, you have to work for urself and not for someone else. but raising 10million to trade, thats just insanity.

what if we r about to head into a bear market, what will you do then. you will lose most of the 10M, and be in debt. plus interest. seriously if you r that sure, just borrow money from people (like family) who u mite not have to repay. thats a better way and u wont be scared while trading that much.

in all seriousness-
    1. what will be your next plan of action if someone gave you 10million dollars tomorrow(monday), will you start trading rite after?

2. Where do you plan to open your account, i mean which brokerage?

3. do u plan on scalping, swing or what?

ur 25 years old which is the right age to trade cause even you lose YOUR OWN money, you can make it back plus you will be less stressed. but borrowing is insanity because there is always a big IF.

#70     Feb 4, 2007