I want to raise $10 million to trade...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ripley, Feb 4, 2007.

1. the guys losing it. i guess thats how it ends in this business lose your mind before you lose your delusions.

#141     Feb 5, 2007
  2. exactly a friend bought a used lightly armored s320 92 year model. last him a couple of years that's all, it was a bigtime money trap

#142     Feb 5, 2007
  3. Wow.. You're so right. I will only be hurting people if I manage money. Never really thought about it from the perspective of the investor. And my parents were always right.. They told me to put yourself in the other person's shoes and see it from their perspective.. But, I guess I didn't do it from the investor's perspective. I only saw the $$$ and forgot that there were people behind it.. and emotions that could be hurt.

I agree with you in that I probably should not manage OPM.

Thanks for the great advice.

#143     Feb 5, 2007
  4. ggoyal

ggoyal

screw you shit face. u really are a dumbass. or might i say "Expert"

#144     Feb 5, 2007
  5. Has anyone ever noticed how Ripley is always referencing his parents.

They probably put his lazy ass through college.

He can't buy real easte without them.

He probably is trading an account which is actually in their name (that's how he gets around the illegality of trading his own account AND working in the financial industry).

... and finally, they taught him morals (boy did they do a shitty job).

He talks about moving away from them, but I sincerely doubt that is going to happen.

And this is the guy who is the best trader on the board, and had the nerve to come on here and ask how he can find people to bilk (as if).

Like I said before, pathetic, more and more so with every lame-ass thread he starts.

JJ

#145     Feb 5, 2007
  6. start a blog and document your trading so that everyone can see your performance. You will get a boatload of people knocking on your door to give you their money to manage http://lauristonletter.blogspot.com/

#146     Feb 5, 2007
  7. That sure as shit is NOT going to happen!

JJ

P.S. - however, it was a nice way to sneak in and get advertising for your blog spot, nothing like shitting a shitter! :D :p :cool:

#147     Feb 5, 2007
  8. Ripley sounds like a kid who is currently in high school (or college).

Why even bother writing a lengthy reply?

#148     Feb 5, 2007
  9. Nah, I'm totally focused on my own trading this year. Provided the market continues to give us decent volatility, I'm hoping for a breakout year myself (but I won't make billions like Ripley :p ).

Glad it helped, just try to be consistent with your trading setups and use risk and money management well ... concepts that Ripley says he is familair with, no doubt, he got them from one of the many books he's read.

JJ

#149     Feb 5, 2007
  10. LOL, you're just upset because your ass backwards journal isn't garnering you anymore attention. Maybe it's the fact that:

1) at least 1/2 of all of your trades are wrong as rain,
    2) you never give detailed information about your money management,
    3) your losses are always taken with "small numbers",
    4) but your wins are always "trades with size", etc., etc., etc.

Hey, I thought you were lifting anchor and setting sail for fresher waters? ... maybe someplace where nobody knows about your EUR/USD Pair trade that wasn't! LOL :D :D

Hey, maybe you and Ripley should start a Hedge Fund together. It could really work out pretty well because:

1. You'll supply all of the business contacts (you've said you know quite a few rich people), um, yeah.

2. Ripley has the credentials ***somewhere he mentioned that he has a Masters or some such thing - don't know in what discipline*** and he has had a professional job as an analyst LOL translation: (butt boy for the financial industry).

3. You know were to get the tux rentals, and you know where to find a local beat up old mansion (man, the sh*t that people come up with around here).

4. Between the two of you, with your flip-flopp'in counter-trending up/down trading system and Ripley's NO CAN LOSE e-mini scalping/swing trading system (which is scalable to millions and millions) you should be able to churn out enough financial reports to fool even the most astute old gay guy with money (Ripley's target market) ... guess he enjoys his current position a little too much.

Let me know when you're hanging your banner, I'll be sure to place ads telling people to stay as far away from you as possible.

Jimmy Jam

#150     Feb 5, 2007