I want to play Warcraft...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TSGannGalt, Dec 20, 2006.

1. IMO Starcraft is even better. The wife almost left me because of it. Blizzard is a great company.

#11     Dec 21, 2006
  2. I just ordered my WarCraft.

If I get addicted, there's no one to stop me!!!

#12     Dec 21, 2006
  3. I took a 2 month vacation to the world of warcraft.

The addictive part to me was being in a guild. It was very team oriented, so once I was in I wanted to help teammates and such.

Being into trading, I got addicted to the economics of it too. During the course of my stay, I actually developed arbitrage strategies in the auction house. :p

Yea. I'm a dork.

#13     Dec 22, 2006
  4. anomaly

anomaly

What a quandary! I love World Of Warcraft but I sometimes wish I had never ordered it.

It is fantastic for those lazy Sundays when I am hung over from Sat night... and if you are a trader you will love trading the auction house.

However after a hard day's gaming I get that niggling feeling that I used to get with Civilization 2, that no matter how well you do at it, it's all useless and neverending!!! Anyone experienced that?

#14     Dec 22, 2006
  5. LOL, you start wishing it was real money.

BTW, there are even a few companies that make money by selling WoW gold. They do this by getting kids in third world countries to mine it in the game for hours and hours.

WoW is good but not great, Blizzard simply had a large base from the RTS games & Starcraft, as well as A LOT of marketing.

#15     Dec 22, 2006
  6. anomaly

anomaly

You must have used auctioneer. no? There are a couple of US traders on the message board there who have squeezed various WoW commodities :D

#16     Dec 22, 2006
  7. I might as well start a Hedge Fund in Warcraft also...

I need to start collecting historical data and start testing stuff, developing models... :D

If there's a Sports-Betting Hedge Fund... mind as well try to find Warcraft Hedge Fund...

It'll look weird on my fund's PPM:

Share Class D:
    Diversified Warcraft Trading Program

Anyways.... I need to start playing to get a feel of the game...

#17     Dec 22, 2006
  8. jj90

jj90

Starcraft > Warcraft. Orcs got nothing on Battlecruisers.

#18     Dec 22, 2006