I Want To Make At Least 1 Million in '07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Dec 29, 2006.

1. tradethetrade

tradethetrade Vendor

How about a million a day??? Wished it was my account... Look out my day will come...

#21     Dec 29, 2006
  2. Of course we all know EXACTLY how someone (w/6 months experience) can pull $1 million out of the market:

Invest $4 million, and do your thing based on your knowledge. In a year, you will be able to pull out your remaining $1 million.

If your lucky.

#22     Dec 29, 2006
  3. He has suggested to you that his is targetting 100% this year and that will give him a million.

He also said that this is 10% a month

the two comments do not jibe if compounding is going on.

To make 100% annualized and to not compound it he needs to start with 500K which is twice 250k.

If he starts with 500K and compounds it monthly , he gets to 100% sooner than the end of the year.

There are several threads here that make 10% a month.

In ET it is not possible for a person to post prints that make over a certain amount relative to applied capital. Do you think a person could post 10% a month as a print on ET?

What would it look like if a person started out with 1 contract in ES and doubled down with profits? What I mean is, a person starts with 1 contract and makes margin with that contract over time and then doubles to 2 contracts and keeps repeating. The person posts prints daily, perhaps, so there is a record. Would that be possible on ET?

I would like to know what is in the realm of possibilities for you to be able to view and understand as a possibility in your mind.

We have seen, so far, that I person says he wants to make 100% and that is totally out of the realm of possibility for those who responded.

I has been happening in other threads right along.

What is your take on what it is possible to post in ET?

#23     Dec 29, 2006
  4. Make 30% a year. That is a good start.

#24     Dec 29, 2006
  5. Now let me open your eyes so you can see...

First, you have to look at who was on the committee. Al Gore, who is 100% Democrat and 100% Anti-Bush.

http://www.newsmeat.com/billionaire_political_donations/Steve_Jobs.php

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aIzb2nc.YIIE

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=steve+jobs+democratic+contributions

As you can see, Steve Jobs is 100% Democrat as well. Al Gore isnt going to let the investigation demonstrate that Steve Jobs was implicated in this mess.

What are the chances that the committee is going to come out and say that Steve was guilty knowing that he helped Al with his Presidential campaign and contributes greatly to the Democrats? The Clinton administration was very sketchy and Al was the COO of the enterprise. Whether Steve was guilty or not, Al wasnt going to let his buddy down even if he had to lie or stretch the truth.

Second, institutions automatically sell shares during a negative event. Usually the selling off is way overdone. In this case, junior traders were staffing the desks and they let the selling become overdone.

There was no question in my mind that the committee would come out and exonerate Steve Jobs and, of course, the market reaction would be positive. I could not picture Al Gore letting Steve Jobs down. Al was hand in hand with Steve during the 2000 campaign. No way that would ever happen.

However, there will be more to come next week. I wouldnt hold Apple shares past this weekend.

Actually, the truth of the matter is that Steve is under investigation with the SEC and its ongoing. That is a fact. However, the SEC will probably not continue with the investigation seeing that Bush will be out of office in the future and the Congress is dominated by Democrats who would dog the SEC if their hero Steve Jobs was implicated.

That is not a certainty that I am willing to bet any money on however. I still believe that we are entering into a different period where attention will be turned away from Apple. Apple's stock went from the 80s to the 50s last year from January to the summer time and partly caused by Bernanke and multiple contraction. What if Bernanke comes out and hikes the rates or never cuts them which is widely suspected? Then multiples will contract and so will Apple.

I didnt have to do much investigation to reach this conclusion. I simply remembered Steve and Al holding hands during the 2000 campaign. Two buddies, friends for life and Democrat to the very end.

#25     Dec 29, 2006
  6. Who gives a fuck. APPL great stock. WHo cares about politics.

#26     Dec 29, 2006
  7. You missed the point. Let me translate it so you can better understand.:

Al Gore=Democrat=On the board who concluded with the investigation

Steve Jobs=Democrat=huge AL Gore supporter=worked on his campaigns and donates cash to the Democrats

Al Gore and Steve Jobs=pals=friends

Apple=down because of the report of options investigation

SEC filing=out today (Friday, morning time)=comes out, says that Jobs is innocent=Al Gore was one of the authors of SEC filing

The trade=Al Gore+SEC filing+options investigation+Steve Jobs=stock going back up quick

Multiple contraction=causes stocks to go down=might be caused by Bernanke not cutting or raising rates

If multiples contract, Apple stock may be at risk in spring.

#27     Dec 29, 2006

8. Exactly. Jack, you are overanalyzing my statement. I advised ByLoSellHi to concentrate on making less, and moving up in stages.

If he concentrates on making a million, he will take risky positions, get too emotional, and probably blow up. On the other hand, if he concentrates on making $500-5000 a day: $1mil / 12 mo / 20 days = $4167, then he is on track.

Make even $100,000 first (and keep it). Don't think of this with a negative perspective, thinking "I will have failed" if you don't achieve it. A lot of trading is about emotional stability: letting your profits run, and cutting your losses quickly. I wish you all the best. :D

#28     Dec 29, 2006
  9. Artie21

Artie21

How did the phirst, sekund, and therd attempts work out?

#29     Dec 29, 2006
  10. MattF

MattF

Make the ticks, pips, points, whatever you want to call them stack up and the rest takes care of itself...

#30     Dec 29, 2006