I want to learn to trade futures!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mike281, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Also, try and figure out who the real traders are on here, and just search their posts. You can learn a lot that way. Beware though, there aren't a ton of them.

#41     Apr 29, 2008
  2. Focus on yourself. It drains you enough just standing up without a mental implosion.

#42     Apr 29, 2008
  3. Could you please elaborate which kind of charts you recommend then for studying price action more clearly?

I don't understand what do you mean by "a chart that is not a fixed time fractal".

Thanx in advance.

#43     Apr 30, 2008
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

By saying fixed fractal, I mean charts like 1 min, 5 min, 15 min and so on. These type of charts produced new bar every fixed interval that you specified regardless of price action, and there they distort it.

Charts like volume, tick or range will only produce new bar when something happening in the market. For example (it is a bit extreme), lets say there were only 10 trades within 15 min time period . 1 min bar chart will produce 15 bars, where volume, tick or range could produce 2 or 3 bars ( this will depend which setting you used for these charts what kind of trades these were).

As you can see, volume, tick and range charts display price action much clearer. I personally use volume charts.

Regards,
    redduke

#44     May 1, 2008
  5. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

#45     May 1, 2008