I want to learn to trade futures!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by mike281, Apr 24, 2008.

1. mogul

mogul

That is excellent advise. I would advise the OP to print it out and tape it up next to your monitor. Then get to it.

#21     Apr 25, 2008

2. In a sense, what you are wanting is akin to asking Eric Clapton to teach you to play guitar well enough to be able to acquire his same level of fame and fortune. You either have what it takes mentally and psychologically to put the screen time in to learn and find your own way, or you don’t. No one is going to be able to do that for you. If you are the type that requires hand-holding or spoon feeding, trading successfully is probably not in your future.

For the record, ET is not a pool of professional traders as you implied, as you can probably count on both hands the members who are actually profitable year in and year out with a finger or two left over. Case in point, there was a thread recently asking what the perceived ‘BS’ factor was on ET, and overwhelmingly the majority agreed is was north of 97%. What’s worse is that those agreeing with that number saw no harm in deceptive behavior of pretending to be something they are not, and actually promoted it. It’s sad that this is what the world has come to.

Moral of story, be very careful where you cast your line.

Good luck,

st

#22     Apr 25, 2008
  3. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

I don't recall anyone asking you. From this point on, if we want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

#23     Apr 25, 2008
  4. Cause you are too busy sucking off the 7 dwarfs?

#24     Apr 25, 2008
  5. Mercor

Mercor

I will mentor you.

I can guarantee that you will make $50,000 in your first year.

My fee is $100,000...and yes, I do have openings.

#25     Apr 26, 2008
  6. Steve, you couldn't be more confused.

Show me why anything I said is incorrect. Don't just disagree.

Show me Jack or Spyder's audited. longterm track record. The only time he did, Jack got his head handed to him.

#26     Apr 26, 2008
  7. You left out "and expecting it for free" because somehow, we should expect that from those who made it?

That is the naive part.

#27     Apr 26, 2008
  8. Do not listen to those that tell you not to trade forex.

Just because they are too lazy to come up with a working strategy does not mean that its impossible.

Personally I think trading forex is alot easier than trading es.

Of course, you need to understand, that only 10% of the people who trade anything will succeed.

#28     Apr 26, 2008
  9. Are you in the 'burgh too? Who is it that he works for and you applied to?

#29     Apr 26, 2008
  10. Bad analogy, trading and being a brain surgeon don't have anything in common.

#30     Apr 27, 2008