I want to add 2 monitors..............

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kraft84, Oct 21, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

1. Do a fresh OS install.

2. If the HD still makes unusual noises, backup all the important stuff and replace the HD ASAP... its days are numbered.

#31     Feb 20, 2007
  2. gimp570

gimp570

I really appreicate all the help...but what is a fresh OS install???

And can a dope like me do it?

#32     Feb 20, 2007
  3. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

Before going to the expense of a new computer, go to http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/?ref=mg_rm and check out "Registry Mechanic". This is one of the best software tools I've ever purchased. If registry conflicts are causing slowness, this product will cure it. I have it on 3 computers and I run it at least once a week. They may have a free trial that you can run to identify any registry problems you may have, but it will not correct all of them until you purchase the product. Very reasonable.

TC

#33     Feb 20, 2007
  4. gnome,

I still need you to come over and look at the PCI slots in my 8250...

lets have grape juice instead of root beer this time... deal?

#34     Feb 20, 2007
  5. gimp570

gimp570

I figured it out and solved the problem....Thankyou guys very much,,, i really appreciate all of your help...

If you guys are ever in tampa FL ...beers are on me...

Thanks again

Z

#35     Feb 20, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

"Fresh OS install" = reinstall Windows XP from Ground Zero... a periodic necessity.

Make a copy of all your valuable and irreplaceable stuff first.

However, and as a last resort, you can try any of several "registry cleaners" or "system restorers"... If they work, that's fine. If not, you were doomed to a fresh install anyway.

Give Iobit's Advanced Windows Care or System Mechanic a try... if they don't work, you're hosed, regardless.

#36     Feb 20, 2007
  7. OS= Operating System...

or...

Often Shameful

#37     Feb 20, 2007
  8. I wish I would have heard about Acronis when I first started traded. Now I have a OS XP Pro with missing dll' s, my network connections folder is empty, but my computer still runs. I am going to have to do a clean install of XP Pro and then I will clone and back up. Previously I just bought an upgrade version of XP Pro and now it is damaged, my fault. I am not looking forward to this. A weekend worth of sitting at my desk manually installing apps and upgrades, etc.

What folder should I manually back up for Ninja Trader and Sierra Charts so I don't have to completely rebuild them. I would think system folders right?

I tried to ask this question in a seperate thread, but got almost no responses. If I have a Dell that came with XP home, can I buy a new sealed Dell XP Pro CD and give myself a full install? Or do I need a Microsoft XP Pro full version with COA. Will my COA for Dell XP Home not work?

Sorry to temporarily hijack the thread this has been on my mind since Friday, when I noticed my network connections folder was empty! :eek:

#38     Feb 20, 2007
  9. gimp570

gimp570

So in order to add 2 more monitors to my set up (4 monitors right now) I need a PCI (G450MMS-Quad) card..does that sound right?

#39     Feb 20, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

If you add a G450MMS-Quad, you'll be adding 4 additional ports.... that what you want?

#40     Feb 20, 2007