I Want the System to Collapse!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PAPA ROACH, May 11, 2009.

1. Be careful what you wish for.

#11     May 11, 2009
  2. Not really,

States, municipalities & townships are having a harder time than ever getting debt funding while facing unprecedented deficit and gloom forecasts.

Small & mid businesses still have their credit lines cut off.

I'm sure we all know where the consumer credit stands.

Only interbank & large corporate credit markets are getting better, due to the endless government bailouts & handouts. The insiders club are essentially just sharing in their latest looting of the masses.

I don't see a collapse but a slow deterioration is well under way. This is similar to what Argentina went through not that long ago.

#12     May 11, 2009
  3. BSAM

BSAM

(Palms up, hands moving up and down.....)

paynow/paylater/paynow/paylater/paynow/paylater

It will be one or the other. None of you would think that our "good" government "leaders" would have any incentive to put things off.....Do you???

#13     May 11, 2009
  4. Disagree.

The game is too good for the plutocracy. They will bleed the value out of the nation until clear cut signs of civil unrest, then they will introduce some kind of large scale war.

It will not b nuclear, too many unknowns.

That's beauty of Obama. Because he is our greatest of American experiments, the people will tolerate a lot more pain than usual.

The country will polarize as well. If we can be internally destabilized to the brink of civil war, then we will fall with ease, and the last of the great resisters to globalism will be recorded in our grandchildren's Kindles.

#14     May 11, 2009
  5. clacy

clacy

I'm no "end of the world" scenario type of guy, but surely you see some long term problems, right?

I don't know how anyone wouldn't be concerned with the lack of fiscal responsibility that both politcal parties have shown.

I am of the belief that we can and will ultimately fix our debt problems, however the congressional track record has not shown any proof of the ability to do so.

I think it may take a quasi-politcal revolution on order to trigger some actual policy change.

#15     May 11, 2009
  6. kxvid

kxvid

Are you familiar with chaos theory, peak oil, Jevon's paradox? The world wont last too much longer as it is; most of modern life is unsustainable. The are past the stone, copper, bronze, and iron ages. We are living at the high of the oil age.

short version: we are doomed

#16     May 11, 2009
  7. LOL, peak oil is a myth.

#17     May 11, 2009
  8. We have an estimated 9 times more recoverable oil formations to exploit still, peak oil is a myth for our lifetime. EASY oil peaked, but technology has made massive leaps in just the past couple of years. I wouldn't worry about oil being our doom.

#18     May 11, 2009
  9. clacy

clacy

Even if the slight chance that you are right.....it must really suck to live like you do, huh?

Are you in a constant state of depression?

#19     May 11, 2009
  10. hayman

hayman

I am in your camp, Papa Roach. These short-term bandaids will just delay the inevitable. I'm all for letting the house of cards totally crumble now as well. We would see major pain (probably 25 % unemployment), mass looting, people jumping off buildings, etc., BUT I think starting from zero, and building from the bottom, would be a long-term boon.

It will never happen - no one has the guts to call this kind of move. But, I do agree with you in this regard.

#20     May 11, 2009