I Want the Master Plan!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Trend Following, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Context, Lucrum. My comment was to Mvic and not Covel.

#31     Feb 4, 2009
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Did you just avoid the question?

You must be taking lessons from TrollZzzzz?

:D

#32     Feb 4, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You left out my quote Dawg!
    Meaning I don't know the CONTEXT of your post and therefore can't respond appropriately.

That's almost as bad as a grammatical error.

Take a deep breath and slow down.

#33     Feb 4, 2009
  4. "Your kind." "Appeal to emotion." Is this a Rand refresher? Where you mimic her diatribes and pretend they're your own? As the rugged individualist that you are, of course. Quick, read the next line to find out what you think.

#34     Feb 4, 2009
  5. No, I didn't. Your post merely contained two posts: Mine and Covel's, implying that Covel was answering my question. However, my question was posed to Mvic. So when I pressed "quote" on your post, it showed nothing. Rather indicative, wouldn't you say?

#35     Feb 4, 2009
  6. Cesko

Cesko

#36     Feb 4, 2009
  7. No. I answered your question. If you don't wish to exchange views, then don't come here or at least don't post. Suggesting I should not post because I'm not American is vaguely preposterous. (I use the term "vaguely" to be polite.)

#37     Feb 4, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh I didn't suggest you not post or that your not entitled to an opinion.

I just asked what bearing your opinion has on us (the poor bastards stuck with President Hussein) with you being a Canadian.

I don't recall seeing your answer to that.

#38     Feb 4, 2009
  9. Thanks for the response. You raise some good points. But I would not be too quick to absolve Bush of 9/11. Remember that Richard Clarke said the outgoing Clinton administration was trying to impress upon the incoming Bush administration the gravity of the terrorist threat, whereby there was gathering intelligence that OBL was looking to harm Americans on US soil, possibly using aircraft. The way that the Bush administration waved off the dire warnings left Clarke outraged. They were essentially asleep at the switch and only started barking when OBL woke them up.

And the Bush administration handled the aftermath of Katrina about as well as they treated the impending OBL threat, about which they were amply warned, before it happened. That they diverted funds that were intended to enhance the levee just adds to the clarity.

#39     Feb 4, 2009
  10. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Trust me, I get it that we won't agree. It is easy to see what you are. Yes, I concur with what Mises and Rand wrote. Absolutely. Very bright people with great insights. But at least I have a belief set. Yours? So far you have not shown it, but experience tells me that if you do show it there will be not much there there. Put some beliefs on the table other than the touchy platitudes I have seen so far.

#40     Feb 4, 2009