I want my HDTV

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ctrader, Apr 15, 2003.

1. If you never read "reminiscences of a stock operator" you should...great part about all of LL`s trader freinds trying to make enough money from one trade to buy a fur coat (in style for men at the time)...guess what..none of them made a dime.

#11     Apr 16, 2003
  2. ctrader

ctrader

Yes that is possible. But I'd rather keep a clear mind, worry about not losing money vs not making money fast enough to keep up with the payments.

Thanks for the tip though.

#12     Apr 16, 2003

3. Now there is a fool-proof plan if I ever saw one. LOL

It was a joke, right? :p

#13     Apr 16, 2003
  4. nitro

nitro

metoo,

Is this the setup in Freeport? LMAO :D

nitro :cool:

#14     Apr 16, 2003
  5. I recently purchased a new TV , and considered buying HDTV...after some research it really didn't seem worth the $.....it might be in 3-5yrs. So I went with a standard Sony Flat CRT. and digital cable with S-Input. Really nice.

Good Luck.

#15     Apr 16, 2003
  6. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

I was at Frys the other day and those big flat plasma tvs
    look really nice. They are a bit on the expensive side.

I might get one later after I stop donating money to the markets.

#16     Apr 16, 2003

7. no. interest free financing is a good thing.

best,

surf:)

#17     Apr 16, 2003
  8. I bought my HDTV just over a year ago, and it was possibly the best purchase I've ever made, aside from my first home. And I agree with Surfer -- 1 year, no interest, no payments... that's a deal worth doing.

#18     Apr 16, 2003
  9. i doubt you can make 6% selling credit spreads on a $2k account!

it can be done, but most B/D's wont allow it for under $100k

Pete

#19     Apr 16, 2003
  10. Pete,

1. Please stop plugging your service (the link). Baron runs this site with advertising dollar$. If you are running a successful service, as I am certain you would have ET members believe, then surely you must be able to chip in a few bucks for advertising.

2. You may sell Credit Spreads with as low of a balance of $2K, depending upon your broker. I know of many that allow it with a $2K balance floor.

#20     Apr 16, 2003