I want everybody to see this shocking video!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by randynutts, Jan 10, 2004.

1. i haven't seen the old "planet of the apes" but i've seen the remake.

when the humans are first captured by the apes, the apes put the humans in cages, push them around, etc. and you hate the apes for how they treat humans.

in the eyes of many animals, HUMANS ARE BRUTAL, MEAN, COLD, F-ING ASSHOLES. i'm one of the few nice ones....

#31     Jan 11, 2004
  2. Never noticed option to block users signatures here until now, makes for much cleaner, efficient page. Thanks for this option ET!

Recommended!

#32     Jan 11, 2004
  3. Het man have you ever seen a crocodile get a zebra? Thats not pretty at all, either. Have you seen a female anaconda eat a male one after being inpregnated by it? Thats not very pretty at all, too. Point is, food is food, and that cow is as much food to us as the zebra to the crocodile and the snake to the snake (hehe).

nature is tough.

Tiki

#33     Jan 11, 2004
  4. i'm not talking about wild animals. they don't know any better and they do it to survive.

WE HUMANS KNOW WE RAISE BILLIONS OF ANIMALS TO LIVE MISERABLE, TORTURED LIVES, AND WE STILL DO IT. WE DON'T NEED TO DO IT TO SURVIVE, ANYWAY.

#34     Jan 11, 2004
  5. Well, I have to admit that the video is rather shocking. If this sort of thing is truly typical in the meat processing world, then I may just go vegetarian. Even if I don't do the actual killing, I am still condoning the actions of these people if I eat their product.

Did you see the kind of torture those animals are put through? I've seen Discovery hour in the African desert and what a Zebra goes through is nowhere near as bad as what I saw in this video.

Besides, we are humans, and if we truly think we're above animals, perhaps we should start acting like it?

What is a good veg primer for someone who wants to eliminate meat and dairy from their diet?

#35     Jan 11, 2004
  6. If we humans are above animals then there should be no problem killing them, i'd say.

For the going veg--> make sure you add protein powder to your diet, cuz if you wont go meat&dairy, you will miss it (physically)

good luck

Tiki

#36     Jan 11, 2004
  7. well I only eat organic meat and once every 2 months or so...
    Native Americans used to apologize to the animal whose life they took to eat. Some people nowadays act as if their steak grew in the back of the butcher's stall but then they get outraged on the subject of hunting and fishing for sport .

#37     Jan 11, 2004
  8. I think it's sad that a animal has to die like that. But, we are all omnivore's which means we eat plants and animals. I persoanlly like animals that are free ranged myself. I like homesteading and small scale farming. But, remember that nowdays very few people are farmers. Because of this we have to farm on a mass scale to feed many many many people. So there really is no other way. I personally would not pay $10.00 for a burger just because of over inflated meat prices related to PETA freaks interventions. But, if they could make it more humane lifestyle and death for a small 10% price hike I'd be willing to pay that price. Just my 3 cents.

#38     Jan 11, 2004
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Its not typical.

#39     Jan 11, 2004
  10. You are misinformed.

A proper vegetarian diet provides plenty of high quality protein without the bad bad saturated fats in meats. And lots of beneficial nutrients that meat cannot provide.

You can make the transition to vegan if you want, your palate is largely a product of learning...

You can learn to eat better!

#40     Jan 11, 2004