I want everybody to see this shocking video!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by randynutts, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

When I was in 3rd grade I started working on a hog farm (Iowa) until I started working with turkies (Much easier work) and I can say that the guys beating the shit out of the hogs are not at all typical of what I saw, or the confiment of two hogs in one crate ect. I never saw that in my entire life and I have grown up around farms. Its bullshit and they took an extreme example of people who are treating the animals like shit. The only realistic thing in this video is in the start of the video when the pig was shot in the head, which is what happens at slaughter. Lam hogs are usually shot, not beat to death.

#21     Jan 11, 2004
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I wactched all the videos on the PETA site, and PETA has done what PETA always does, that is, they take extreme examples that will generate an emotional response on the part of people who have never been exposed to agriculture. Having spent most of my life on a farm after moving to Iowa from NYC and then from the time I was in 3rd grade until after I was in high school having worked on farms, the videos they show are bullshit. Obviously they happened, but I have worked for a lot of farmers, I still help out to this day with members of my moms family, and what they show is not at all typical. The animals obviously die in the end, but its not like what PETA shows you in their video. What is typical is the scene where the pig is shot in the head and thats the end of it, its very fast. If you cant watch that, you shouldnt eat meat.

#22     Jan 11, 2004
  3. How many of those in nursing home took proper care of themselves? I'll answer for you - Very few to NONE.

If at age 70 you find yourself living a wretched existence you probably have no one to blame but yourself. You didn't eat properly and exercise religously and abused yourself into a diseased state.

Avg lifespan in 1900 was about 47 years. Presently it's about 75. Maximum lifespan is about 120.

What do you make of the discrepancy b/w average and maximum lifespan and the fact that avg lifespan is progressively increasing?

#23     Jan 11, 2004
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

PETA takes an extreme example to convince you to become a vegan. You could take an extreme example and video a failed trader. Show him having to sell his house to meet a margin call, his family having to live in a shelter, his kids not getting to go to college, his wife leaving him etc etc, and you would feel terrible and maybe never trade again. This is the same type of thing PETA is doing.

Brandon

PS I know I know, the people have a choice (Trader) the animals dont, cry me a river.

#24     Jan 11, 2004
  5. Randy Nutts, you are completely nuts.

Just don't start preaching religion to us too you liberal freak....now go get me a hamburger.

#25     Jan 11, 2004
  6. Thank you for your kind words...

This is for you, your very own VSK http://www.goveg.com/vegkit/index.html

Take that first step Sarasota to a new beginning!

[Scroll to bottom Just a few of the famous faces who never eat animals ...]

#26     Jan 11, 2004
  7. :D

#27     Jan 11, 2004
  8. i agree..being really old sucks.

#28     Jan 11, 2004
  9. if you were a turkey (maybe you are one), you'd flap your wings and run for your life just like the animals in the video. you're just lucky you were born a human. you're a POS for not caring.

#29     Jan 11, 2004
  10. i saw animals slaughtered at a farm once and it wasn't pretty at all...

animals screamed as their guts were ripped out.

how would you like to be one of them?

#30     Jan 11, 2004