I walked away from trading with nothing after more than five years.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GeorgyHoldsworth, Jan 17, 2018.

1. %%
    Actually we ate a @ MCD some, but read what the past old school MCD ceo said in Modern Trader MAGAZINE, those $250 ,000/+building MCD decorations may not pay for it self [Now he tells us ,LOL] I seldom use a 5 year chart; 1 year +10 yearchart helped me more, but i'm not known for my speed, usually LOL.

#51     Jan 18, 2018
  2. %%
    Sounds like Mr G Holdsworth might do better in ag business than commerce; i prefer both.Dont know much about retail fast food trends like MCD.:caution::caution::D:D I missed some fast food this year; good thing i had plenty of bullets, like the UK fund manager said ,then the elephant comes by.Some deer came by much faster.....Good as gold+ much better taste.:caution::caution:

#53     Jan 19, 2018
  3. qxr1011

qxr1011

here is my take on what you have said

1. 5 years are too early to make it happen in this business... unless one is a genius

2. You did not walked away with nothing. You walked away with some experience and especially some better understanding of yourself, of what you can and can't do, of what you should and shouldn't do, and better understanding of the people around you as well ! So result maybe negative but it still counts !

no , not to a "T", but as they say "the history repeats itself" and that applies to price as well

may be you did not have enough cash, but i suspect money is just part of the problem..., you did not have the "know how"

wrong again... as with trading you start with know how, or archiving it first

track, garden tools leaflets are just tools of the trade , they in itself are useless unless you know and like gardening and + know how tom deal with people, whose gardens you may work on

as a rule it is not the assets that yield the profit, but the "know-how" that is behind those assets (including MCD stock), that make them yielding something

women are investors in men, therefore women prefer winners to loosers... :)

if the man is not the winner then his steady salary (see it as dividend) will be preferable to most women

only astute women (similarly to astute investors) will stay with a man (stock) whose underlying value they see when nobody sees it...

and there is no guarantee that this value will ever be converted into money

#54     Jan 19, 2018
  4. %%
    Great points, 5 years could be plenty, should be plenty; even though as they say in Chicago -smarter you are the longer it takes.LOl

#55     Jan 19, 2018
    TreeFrogTrader and Xela like this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

Naw son

#56     Jan 19, 2018
  6. motif

motif

"women actually prefer regular men with work-stained clothes over screen addicts with big bank balances"

I don't see any construction workers dating supermodels. When you date women, you have to dominate them both in and out of the bedroom.

#57     Jan 20, 2018
  7. Xela

Xela

I don't either, but I do see plenty of supermodels commenting in interviews that they find it (surprisingly?) difficult to get a date, which they commonly attribute to the "normal guys" they'd actually like to meet not having the confidence to approach them.

This observation is ridiculous, sexist bullshit prompted by the objectification of women and the reduction of women in Western society to a sociocultural "submissive" stereotype which has absolutely no underlying basis in reality.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    #58     Jan 20, 2018
    yiehom, VPhantom and speedo like this.
  8. speedo

speedo

:rolleyes:

#59     Jan 20, 2018
  9. That's one way to put it. But in short, he's lower than whale shit!

#60     Jan 20, 2018
    Xela likes this.