I walked away from trading with nothing after more than five years.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GeorgyHoldsworth, Jan 17, 2018.

1. tortoise

tortoise

Buy pullbacks at support.
    Sell rallies into resistance.

Establish criteria your entries.
    Establish criteria for your exits.

Practice, practice, practice.

Anyone can do it if they want it badly enough.

#41     Jan 17, 2018
    Muffhands, Digidave10 and viruscore1 like this.
  2. schweiz

schweiz

Baron will be happy:a lot of traffic in a useless thread.
    Move it to chit chat.

#42     Jan 17, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  3. The biggest risk for independent full-time traders is the opportunity cost, namely the loss of potential gains from other alternative efforts (going to schools, working in a regular job etc.).

#43     Jan 17, 2018
    Gambit likes this.
  4. What were your returns again? XX?

#44     Jan 18, 2018
    d08 likes this.
  5. How dare you be so condescending to women. Oh wait you are right. damn lol.

#45     Jan 18, 2018
  6. polaris

polaris

All depends on where they are within their menstrual cycle. For the majority of time, women want the security and benefits that come with Mr. Sensible and his average looks. But, for a few days, normally around ovulation time, women want to bang like a barn door with Mr. Muscle and his rugged looks. It's a scientific fact buddy.

#46     Jan 18, 2018
  7. schweiz

schweiz

Everything you do in live has an opportunity cost. Each decision you make has some risk, and that risk can cost money.
    Only in hindsight you can see for every decision you made if it was good or not. Then, and only then, you will know how big the opportunity cost was.
    If you are afraid then don't do anything in life, as everything has an "opportunity cost" risk. Ironically enough doing nothing will cause the biggest "opportunity cost" you can encouter ever in your life.

Watching in hindsight the decision to become a trader was an excellent one for me, although it took years before that was clear. I had a "temporary opportunity cost" till the day I was permanent profitable.

If you go for a new job and lose it again you have also an opportunity cost.
    Same thing if you marry; divorced people can tell you how expensive that can be.
    Same thing for buying a house; look at the thousands of foreclosure a few years ago.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    #47     Jan 18, 2018
    Visaria and tortoise like this.
  8. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

And here I thought Libra were into balance? But one things for sure, it takes two to tango and you two were probably dancing to a different tune?

#48     Jan 18, 2018
  9. Xela

Xela

"Scales of justice", I think ... maybe means they're judgmental or something (or some other kind of "mental", as I suspect Overnight may have decided)? [​IMG]

#49     Jan 18, 2018
  10. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

The scale tends to represent balance, as a people we are all judgmental, we just choose to define our own levels. But for a solid relationship to work, its all about Balance and trust.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    #50     Jan 18, 2018
    Xela likes this.