I walked away from trading with nothing after more than five years.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GeorgyHoldsworth, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Xela

Xela

Much though some of you might sometimes try to reduce us to a cultural stereotype, the reality is that we vary, guys. Just like you do. [​IMG]

On the one hand, there's certainly social psychology research that partly bears out the underlying principle behind Georgy's statement above (and looking at the choices some of my friends have made further confirms it, which I can kind of understand, or at least pretend to).

On the other hand, there's undoubtedly truth in Scataphagos's assertion as well, and (for example) speaking from my own perspective, I'd certainly want to try to avoid the suspicion that a guy might be a gold-digger (and knowing that he has a big bank-balance of his own is probably a legitimate way of reducing those odds.)

#11     Jan 17, 2018
    VPhantom, murray t turtle and d08 like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

Anyone who stains their clothes while trading is probably using too much leverage.

#12     Jan 17, 2018
    nickynoes, DGC, Muffhands and 21 others like this.
  3. Yeah, well... you're different, girly. (Recall another ET female who inferred, "if you ain't making $200K/yr, I probably wouldn't be interested in you"?)

:)

You need to be concerned about a guy being a gold-digger. Not the norm.

#13     Jan 17, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  4. Handle123

Handle123

I always advise those who want a go at the markets to have something on the side going, whether attending college, part time job or a side business, this way to take some of the stress away, and this is for trading. But if going into it for investing, best have five million for capital appreciation and dance options around the position.

The past can give an idea of the future and the past will happen about again.
    Women over all don't care what you do for a living so long as you have some kind of a job, don't cheat on them nor abuse them and act like an adult.

#14     Jan 17, 2018
    aquarian1, VPhantom and trader99 like this.
  5. Except for the gold-diggers, of course.

I once asked a young woman tennis player out on a date. She responded, "you don't look like a millionaire". What could I say? I wasn't. (She was cute, but not that cute! She did let me massage-out a muscle cramp in her back once though. Can I count that as "2nd base"?)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    #15     Jan 17, 2018
    Handle123 likes this.
  6. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

I think this is a bit of a double-edged sword... It is a great way to justify one's own "gold-digging activities" too... Just saying... Not implying anything...
    Not that I think there's anything wrong with gold-digging too... I think it is perfectly understandable.:)

#16     Jan 17, 2018
  7. Women do prefer construction guys, but only to xxxx .. most of these guys live paycheck to paycheck. Usually have seasonal work schedules, so lots of testosterone. Lack of sleep reduces testosterone. Plus any kind of responsibilities also will crimp the zen or mojo.

Winter time certain types of construction work is not done and these types of guys are floating around looking for prey at nightly hangouts.

My testosterone I think was 2800 or 3200, but only when I was single riding Ducati’s, with no responsibilities.

#17     Jan 17, 2018
  8. speedo

speedo

Here's a woman who'll stain your clothes for you Georgy.
    upload_2018-1-17_13-34-49.png

#18     Jan 17, 2018
  9. NeoTrader

NeoTrader

I think she's actually hot... Where's she from?

#19     Jan 17, 2018
  10. thaitye

thaitye

I appreciate your monetary contribution towards other traders who don't carry a loser mentality with life.

#20     Jan 17, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.