I voted for Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 22, 2009.

1. You don't need to back down from your earlier assertion that the 'baby boomers' (you implied this) were responsible due to their belief in entitlements.

You are correct: we are the worst generation as far as I can tell. We had everything given to us. There were no bake sales and what-not when we were growing up to support music, art, and sports for our high school years: that stuff was paid for by taxes. (There were some fundraisers but they were limited to EXTRA stuff like trips to the Rose Parade.)

Now that it is time for US (baby boomers) to pay the bills you would think the world is coming to an end with all of the anti-gov't crap coming out of their mouths. Every one of us were blessed with a LIBERAL society and too many of us completely forget that we are standing on the shoulders of those that paved the way.

Let's hope the gen X'ers and whatever turn out to be better CITIZENS than my generation.

#31     Nov 23, 2009
  2. In some parallel universe the United States is passing a Balanced Budget Amendment and the FairTax and repealing the 16th Amendment all on the same day.

Dream on.

#32     Nov 23, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Wow I was way off on that one.
    I would have guessed 15 - 25, but then it's hard to tell on the internet.

#33     Nov 23, 2009
  4. Why; because I care about things other than MYSELF ?

#34     Nov 23, 2009
  5. Well, actually - - it seemed impolite to be direct - - but I was actually referring to you RangeBar, and to no one else. You are the self satisfied dolt who I was directing my remarks to. - - You see, all youve offered as an argument for the economy improving is 'don't worry, be happy - - nothing really has happened to me so far.' On what, besides your reference to totally unrelated past predictions (hmmm - you didn't mention the warning of a new ice age back in the 70s), - - do you actually base your beliefs ? You really buy the line that the economy is actually improving ?

#35     Nov 23, 2009
  6. Absolutely the economy is improving: YOU be sure to remember this conversation a couple years down the road. The economy waxes & wanes just as the price bars on your charts. The downturn wasn't caused by Bush and the upturn will not be due to actions by Obama except in a very general sort of way.

As far as referring to me in regards to feeling 'entitled', I suggest that you read thru my posts I made over the years and point to a singe ONE where I felt 'entitled'. I've made my way but I'm wise enough to know that I did it because a liberal federal gov't set things into place that allowed me opportunities. Do you think I need gov't financed health care: been paying for my own insurance for 20 years now. Do you think I'm crying about 'high taxes' all the time: I sure there must be 10 posts from me out there calling for tax increases to pay for the things we need. I understand that we are the lowest taxed industrialized country in the world and I also know the services we receive are some of the lowest.

So, get some years under your belt, (if you're over 50 then forget it you'll never learn), and develop some perspective on life. You might discover that you really don't have a lot of things to complain about. Or not.

#36     Nov 23, 2009

7. There is nothing worse than a liberal out of the 1970's. Maybe that is where all the anger is directed since these Woodstock mofos are running things now.

#37     Nov 23, 2009
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

No...I'm pretty sure that was not it.

#38     Nov 23, 2009
  9. I voted for obama , honest.

Well for dog catcher that is.

#39     Nov 23, 2009
  10. I have a sock monkey named obama.

[​IMG]

My German Shepard wants to rend him limb from limb.

#40     Nov 23, 2009