I voted for Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

You interested in buying the Brooklyn bridge? How about some swamp land in Florida or maybe a burial plot on the moon?

#11     Nov 22, 2009
  2. If the Democrats are thrown out of office and the republicans regain control of the the white house and the congress in 2012, then what? The problems will not go away and the easy decisions have been made. If the republicans do what needs to be done and aggressively attack the deficit, they will have to do massive spending cuts and try to reduce the growth in entitlement spending. You can imagine the theatrics that will accompany those actions. Protest nationwide and calls of "What about the elderly??" and "What about the children??".

No politican that aggressively tries to solve the nations financial problems will be popular. This is especially true since a big part of the problem is the american people themselves. They want all manner of goods and services, but do not want to pay for them. Which politicans are strong enough to tell the american people that the party is over and the bill has come due?

Will the republicans prove to be "Obama lite", because they are afraid of losing the next election cycle? We know where they stand on social issues, but they previously failed to get spending under control when they were in charge and it will be much harder now. If they put re-election as their major priority I believe they will fail.

On foreign policy issues...Are they prepared to bomb Iran? Are they prepared to dramatically increase us troops in Afghanistan? As Obama is learning, its very easy to throw criticisms at the executive branch, but much more difficult to make the hard choices and live with the consequences.

#12     Nov 22, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

The GOP has already shown us that they are no longer a party of conservatives, but liberal-lite. After the McCain loss (who was so "moderate" that he came very close to switching parties), the republicans were at a crossroads. One road led further to the left, while others were more conservative. Just the fact that they continue to seriously entertain the idea of a continued journey left tells me we're in big trouble. And by we, I do not mean republicans, but the country as a whole. If one party wants to leap off a cliff, you have my blessing go nuts. But the true fact is, there is not a major party that espouses the fundamental beliefs that made this country great. Instead, both are ready to dig into the pockets of future generations to dish out wealth to current voters.

We're screwed.

#13     Nov 22, 2009
  4. Mav88

Mav88

see, that's the level of analysis that gets us into trouble. TARP was Paulson-Bernanke-Bush which if there is any credit due then it would have to go here.

Stimulus is a joke, 15% of it spent, and demo asshats are claiming phantom jobs saved all over the place. Obama's fraudulent job accounting is well known but even if correct is means $170K per job saved.

You call this a firm foundation? You call expanding an already bankrupt medical entitlement system a firm foundation? Dude look, any idiot can spend money, what the demos are doing has not worked almost everywhere else. Obama doesn't even know the details, nor does he care.

#14     Nov 22, 2009
  5. Well I'm afraid you may very well be right. This is readily illustrated by those posting on this thread and on this forum, who seem to have absolutely no clue of what's going on. If they think O. has been "moving slowly and incrementally", & will bring down the deficits (they are 4x that of big spender Bush) than they've been spending too much time in their hemp patch. - - But , I guess many people are that ignorant and delusional. The same thing has happened at different times & places. It will take a lot of time and pain till we're back on the right path. The Japanese have gone through 20 years of a flat economy. The Soviets endured 70 years of communism (and are back with a totalitarian central govt once again). We've been on this path to destruction for about 100 years (since 1913) - - and will pay the price for that. - - -

#15     Nov 22, 2009
  6. This is what is going to happen....the people making the big bucks are just not going to buy health insurance. Why? Well if its going to cost them $1,500 per month and the fine is only $750 to $2000....why would they pay $1500 per month? After all...this new health care is going to make it illegal for insurers to deny anyone coverage. So why get it before you get sick...Just get it after you get sick and pay the fine. It will be so much cheaper in the long run.

And this is why healthcare will not work.

#16     Nov 23, 2009
  7. Ohhh Pleeeze !!! "Path of destruction" indeed. Russians, Japanesse and Americans are living better, longer and more opulently than ever before in the history of mankind.

I think I've told you this before: stop your bellyaching and get some perspective on life.

#17     Nov 23, 2009
  8. Give the guy a break Lucrum. Who would have known (except for Jackie Mason) that he was going to declare the US subservient to the King of Saudi Arabia, and allies with Qaddafi and Chavez?

This guy is one deceptive cucumber. He must have studied his father's Qur'an and the Hadiths well (his pastor's racist Black Liberation Theology didn't hurt either) and he must be channeling with Allah, Satan's Bitch, for his next move on how to take the US into the gutter again as I write this reply.

#18     Nov 23, 2009
  9. Mav88

Mav88

The Japs have not regained their 'opulence' of the 80s, and we are significantly worse off than just 2 years ago.

#19     Nov 23, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Bingo!

And this is exactly why we desperately NEED congressional term limits and or basic minimum voter qualifications.

The average voter has neither the intelligence or the integrity to vote for what really needs to be done.

#20     Nov 23, 2009