I vote this as the dumb 'feature' of the month

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SoesWasBetter, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Yep, IB's TWS, 10,000 bells and whistles that few use.

But the Time and Sales can only have ONE setting for what it displays SYSTEM WIDE.

So if you want to see bid / ask size changes on one t&s and only trades on another you cant do it.

Dumfuks?

2. southall

southall

Where did he say he was moving his account?

VPhantom likes this.
  3. I didn't block that troll, but did he delete his post? Dont see it.

I figure most of the idiots here, where they exist, are the same clowns on their 200th nick.

VPhantom likes this.
  4. southall

southall

Yeah he deleted his retarded post and ran away.
    Truetype is a known alias of resident ET house troll 'MarketSurfer', that guy has been banned so many times but still never stops trolling.

VPhantom likes this.
  5. While I'm at it , another disgraceful lack of respect for users. What else to call it?

If you ever have to rebuild your TWS setup, complicated as it is , the only thing you can save are the tickers, and even that has to be done torturously , one page at a time, and it doesn't save ALL the info.

NONE of the many customization's can be preserved. Your complicated trading profiles, colors ,nothing.

How dumb is that? They only had 15 years to make an export of user selections exportable.

6. I can smell em a mile away. After you've blown up your 25th account, what's left but to troll?

7. truetype is a vag just ignore Surf.

As for IB, i keep it simple because a few times I had to reenter complex option chains repeatedly everytime I logged on, it did not save the set up for some reason?

8. JackRab

JackRab

I've done the save settings as: xxxx.xml..., copy it to a different folder... that saves the total setup, just reload it when starting new.

9. themickey

themickey

Yup, unfortunately I had to give up on IB a couple of years back, too complicated, too buggy, too frustrating, too energy and time draining, too many data issues and also their crappy chart issues.
    That and the constant Java updates, software glitching and crashing, became a nightmare.
    It was not like i hadn't put effort into the exercise.
    Was attempting autotrading, and bought 2 new Asus large laptops dedicated just for handling IB and SierraCharts, with multi monitors. All up was running 4 computers to handle everything, eg emails and accessing the web.
    Spent hundreds of hours setting up the system but the constant fuckin' around largely the result of buggy IB forced me to throw in the towel finally.
    When it came to closing the IB account, that resulted in more BS from IB, took a month to close account, was given the runaround again, nothing is simple or easy with that mob.
    Was sheer relief when I was finally done with the biggest piece of rubbish and over complicated trading platform.
    You'll notice on ET, there are more posts generated re IB than all other trading platforms combined. What does that say?
    While everone desires simply to get on with trading, if you are involved with IB, it will be draining your brain with endless issues and sidetracking you from your goals.

10. JackRab

JackRab

Why on earth would you go with laptops????

#10     Mar 8, 2017
    SunTrader likes this.