I"ve Been Cramerized :(

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hydroblunt, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Here is another idea, why don't you take your idea and use for yourself. To be more exact, next time Cramer recommends a stock, BUY IT at the inflated irrational price cause it might go up more on Cramer momo. Good luck, cause you will need it.

Yeah I traded the stock and grabbed a quick 10%, even if it wasnt my exact plan. You, on the other hand, have problems with paper trading, let alone any real money transactions.

If EDR goes back down to 14, I'll be a buyer again. For now, I'm in other positions.

Come on Cramer, recommend AIRT, that stock has insane momo when it runs.

#41     Apr 10, 2006
  2. He'll probably recommend it even more now. Just like he did with Nasdaq as it kept going down and down 2000-2002.

#42     Apr 10, 2006
  3. People paying up $2 over the close for a stock like CERN? Are those prints for real?

#43     Apr 12, 2006
  4. Just being himself violates a cardinal rule of trading: Never get emotional about stock..... my god, his show is nothing BUT emotions.

My take is that his monetary success is all thanks to his wife, a former hedge fund trader herself. His fund would've been liquidated in 1998 if it weren't for her.

#44     Apr 13, 2006

5. Oh, so this is another bash Cramer day?

ok, let me join in....:D

#45     Apr 13, 2006
  6. I was "Cramerized" recently, but it was a good thing. I like to trade microcap and nanocap stocks and bought shares of Goldfield (GV). Cramer touted KRY and mentioned that "Goldfield" might buy it out. What he meant was Gold Fields or GFI. I was down in the GV due to an attrocious entry prior to the plug but it opened up the next day much higher and I got out flat. The next day, it went back down. Thanks Cramer!

#46     Apr 13, 2006
  7. I read his book. He used to make money by exchanging ib commissions for analyst favors including stock picks about to be upgraded and downgraded. Also, he could legally tout his stocks on air or thestreet.com. Also, the stocks he got excited over in the late 90's excited everyone else. Also, he was a better analyst and had better information and connections than most other people in the market.

#47     Apr 13, 2006
  8. I dont know really know what to think of cramer, but it is an INVESTING show, not a trading show, his picks are ment to be held for a long time.

thats my guess.

- nate

#48     Apr 13, 2006
  9. Like buying and holding BOL from 68 to 45 (and ADDING to the position as it freefalls?)

Boo-Yaa!!!

#49     Apr 13, 2006
  10. What to think of Cramer? Well at least he's funny.

As a person, yes, he knows how to make money. He ran a successful hedge fund obviously (again, all thanks to his wife).

But as for his show Mad Money? Forget it. It's mostly entertainment.... financial entertainment for the masses if you will. He can only recommend long positions. His buttons only say "buy" or "sell." Can never recommend shorts, options, hedges, or other derivatives. The show caters to Joe and Jane Public.

#50     Apr 13, 2006