I"ve Been Cramerized :(

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Hydroblunt, Mar 13, 2006.

1. nitro

nitro

I am confused. If I was long a stock and Cramer recommended it, and it was up 3% after market, I would be eggggstatic :confused:

Here is sequence of events:

1) I am long stock and I happen to be watching Cramer unwinding from my day.
    2) He mentions my stock. I let out a shriek of pure ecstasy, run to my computer and start watching the tape, meanwhile offering my stock and moving my offer higher as the stampede accelerates.

3) I finally offer all or most of my shares out at say +3 to 5% in the after hours. I have smile on my face.

4) Next morning, at worst I can almost always buy them back where I sold them in the AHs, but if patient, a lot lower.

:confused: nitro :confused:

#31     Mar 23, 2006

2. Here's an idea....why don't you consider adding to your winning position! You had two days to add to that position. Sometimes, you need to shift gears with your trading, buying for a dividend is fine, but, if you recognize hot money coming into the stock, you have got to shift gears and forget about the dividend and focus on getting a piece of that hot money. BTW...if you are ever able to predict CRAMER momo, I will happily pay you alot of money to share that information. :D

#32     Mar 23, 2006
  3. cramer:
    Sometimes you come to the keyboard with absolute rage. What was I thinking when I was up almost 20 points on Cephalon (CEPH:Nasdaq - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) and I didn't take it off before things hit the fan? Don't I always say bulls make money, bears make money, hogs get slaughtered? Did I really think that the leftist wouldn't jump to the front in the polls and spoil a good Peruvian copper story? Are the accounting woes at Bausch & Lomb (BOL:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) really over?

And then, just when I am wallowing in self-pity and rule-breakedness -- yeah, new spell-check-defying word -- Lucent (LU:NYSE - commentary - research - Cramer's Take), which I sold a couple of weeks ago after holding it for 16 painful months, gets a bid. Could there be anything more woulda, shoulda, coulda? The gods, they be laughing.

At times like this, I feel like many of you: in the house of pain. Like, "Who needs this aggravation?" Like I can't get it right. Did I check my brains at the door? Did I leave them in the coatroom at BLT Steak after a really good meal? Did I pull a Samson?

You know what I have to tell myself? This is one of maybe, I don't know, 147 times I have felt this way, that I can't get it right, that I am hurting my clients, my readers or, of course, myself or my family. Each time it happened, there was a fork in the road, where I could choose to listen to the critics and believe, believe some college study that says I can't make money, believe some naysayer who questions whether I ever made money, take stock in those enemies of TheStreet.com or any of my other venues who doubt that I do homework anymore or care anymore 'cause I got rich or spoiled or something else I can't even fathom.

Or I could just do what I know to do: Own the mistakes. Correct the course. Work harder, pay more attention to my own rules, get more disciplined and stay focused so I stay in the game that can make you more money than any other in the world.

This game.

Enough self-pity.

Back to work.

#33     Mar 24, 2006

4. I don't like all his picks(maybe 40%) but I like his approach - the only thing he has left to realize is that he makes markets in the stocks he mentions.

Cutting out emotion when you've fcuked up is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

boo-yah.

#34     Mar 24, 2006
  5. That's your first mistake, making specualtion decisions based on douche bag like Cramer. Booya Hydro....:D

#35     Mar 24, 2006
  6. #36     Mar 24, 2006
  7. lol
    you retard :D

And you think you are a trader hahahahahaha

Don't even know when to sell and buy

#38     Apr 7, 2006
  8. I happened to catch the beginning of Cramers show and I saw the disclaimer that he may be telling other people about his picks before they air. Is this legal? I would like to be on his buddy list.

#39     Apr 10, 2006
  9. Cramer did it again!!! He's been hyping BOL as a buy all the way down from the mid 60's (it closed at 57.44 today). After hours, BOL announced they are pulling ReNu from the shelves...stock is getting waxed!

Boo-Yaa!!!! :eek:

#40     Apr 10, 2006