I used to be a Democrat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LacesOut, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

The Unite the Right rally[4] was a white supremacist[5][6][7][8] rally that occurred in Charlottesville, Virginia, from August 11 to 12, 2017.[9][10] Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right,[11] neo-Confederates,[12] neo-fascists,[13] white nationalists,[14] neo-Nazis,[15] Klansmen,[16] and various right-wing militias.[17] The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic[citation needed] slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, Nazi and neo-Nazi symbols (such as the swastika, Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups.[18][8][9][19][20][21][22] Within the Charlottesville area, the rally is often known as A12[23] or 8/12.[24] The organizers' stated goals included unifying the American white nationalist movement[11] and opposing the removal of the a statue of Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville's Lee Park.

#31     Jun 21, 2019
  2. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

That looks like a black guy at trumps rally by Trumps right shoulder.He's standing there supporting Trump while Trump praises the guy who owned slaves,had his slaves brutally beaten and fought to keep his ancestors as slaves.There needs to be a word worst than coon to call him.

#32     Jun 21, 2019
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

He is dumb. It was liberal and progressive north vs conservative south. Party is just a label. Parties completely switched over last 100 plus years.

#33     Jun 21, 2019
    Tony Stark likes this.
  4. smallfil

smallfil

#34     Jun 21, 2019
  5. LacesOut

LacesOut

We know how you feel about blacks. You don’t care for them, especially those who vote differently than you.

Remember who the racists are, people.

#35     Jun 21, 2019
  6. LacesOut

LacesOut

LOL. Your history teachers need to be shot in the head.

#36     Jun 21, 2019
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

Robert E Lee was a great General who despised slavery.

#37     Jun 21, 2019
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

There are various historical and newspaper hearsay accounts of Lee personally whipping a slave, but they are not direct eyewitness accounts. He was definitely involved in administering the day-to-day operations of a plantation and was involved in the recapture of runaway slaves.[96] One historian noted that Lee separated slave families, something that prominent slave-holding families in Virginia such as Washington and Custis did not do.[97] In 1862, Lee freed the slaves that his wife inherited, but that was in accordance with his father-in-law's will.[98]

Lee claimed that he found slavery bothersome and time-consuming as an everyday institution to run. In an 1856 letter to his wife, he maintained that slavery was a great evil, but primarily due to adverse impact that it had on white people:[99]

In this enlightened age, there are few I believe, but what will acknowledge, that slavery as an institution, is a moral & political evil in any Country. It is useless to expatiate on its disadvantages. I think it however a greater evil to the white man than to the black race, & while my feelings are strongly enlisted in behalf of the latter, my sympathies are more strong for the former. The blacks are immeasurably better off here than in Africa, morally, socially & physically. The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence.[100]

#38     Jun 21, 2019
  9. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

But he owned slaves,had them brutally beaten,had their families separated and fought a war against The US as a General to keep them as slaves

To challenge this image of Lee, historians have lately noted the experiences of African Americans who were the legal property of Lee’s father in law, George Parke Custis (George Washington’s step-grandson), who died in 1857. As executor of Custis’s last will, Robert E. Lee was charged with freeing the bondsmen within five years. Yet some of the enslaved insisted they were to be freed upon their master’s death, causing a conflict with Lee that resulted in a failed escape attempt from Arlington plantation by three of the enslaved. Under Lee's order to “lay it on well,” each of the rebels endured up to 50 lashes and suffered excruciating pain as the wounds were bathed in brine. Lee also broke with Custis and Washington family tradition, separating most of the enslaved families under his control.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    #39     Jun 21, 2019
  10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

I love 90 % of them and vote with 90% of them.I love a larger% of black people than I do white people.

#40     Jun 21, 2019