I Use Trade Automation and...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by kempo, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Kempo,

At least in Australia where I'm based, most phones sold now are GPRS. The main advantage over a land line would be that there is no dial up time, and your messages would be instant without having to go throuth the dial-up process. This would hopefully reduce the chance of a your message being dealyed or not getting through at all if there is a problem with your dial up ISP. Sometimes SMS messages sent across the net through an ISP can be delayed, where an email sent from one phone to the next is meant to be would instant (assuming the network is functioning properly). With a GPRS phone a connection to the net is continually maintained, but you one pay for data sent across the connection. So in short, it may be a faster and more reliable way of doing what your doing if you can get it to work.

Here's a brief discription of GPRS I pulled off the net:

GPRS - General Packet Radio Service: a radio technology for GSM networks that adds packet-switching protocols, shorter set-up time for ISP connections, and offer the possibility to charge by amount of data sent rather than connect time. GPRS supports flexible data transmission rates typically up to 20 or 30 Kbps (with a theoretical maximum of 171.2 Kbps), as well as continuous connection to the network. A 2.5G enhancement to GSM, GPRS is the most significant step towards 3G, needing similar business model, and service and network architectures. GPRS started to appear in some networks during 2000.

GPRS enables networks to offer 'always-on', higher capacity, Internet-based content and packet-based data services. This enables services such as colour Internet browsing, e-mail on the move, powerful visual communications, multimedia messages and location-based services.

I hope that helps.

Runningbear

#11     Mar 16, 2004
  2. Why would you not find a firm that will to give you the proper funding and allow you to write to their API and be fully automated? I know of at least 5 traders who have taken this route and have done real well. PM me for more info if you like.
    G

#12     Mar 16, 2004
  3. kempo

kempo

RB--Thanks!

#13     Mar 17, 2004