I took the Series 56 today

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by microjohn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. This guy is giving honest feedback that took the test & is giving his views about it & get's slammed.. He is sharing his experience . no wonder people don't like to post on et anymore.

maybe some prop firms will come out with material that could help their traders pass the test. Possibility?

These firms should do something to help their trader's with study material or face losing many of their traders.

I can say 3 of the well known educational companies .

stc . kaplan & passperfect Will Not come out with any study material for this 56 test.

facts directly in speaking with them this week.

#51     Jul 7, 2011
  2. EPrado

EPrado

I just find it interesting that he is using his passing/everyone else failing as a selling tool for his firm.

I'm sorry if you can't see that.

#52     Jul 7, 2011
  3. So what? We all use every advantage we have to compete. Big deal.

#53     Jul 7, 2011
  4. Then what is he selling? Is my point. I did not read anything.

If someone has something to sell that will help pass this test.

I think their will be many traders willing to buy good info?

We are all ears to anyone that can help. but your not helping anyone are you?

#54     Jul 7, 2011
  5. Why wouldn't I? If the other firms in this field can't/won't help their traders pass, and word gets out that we have the material that will get them to pass, then my firm gets stronger.

Prop trading has been commodotized. The way to differentiate yourself as a serious firm that isn't in it just to make money and run is to a) pay traders what they're owed when they're owed it and b) offer services not available at competition.

Making a study guide that helps traders stay employed falls under "b."

Enjoy the study material WTS gives you, EPrado. Hopefully they don't mark the price of the test up over the $195 cost on you.

#55     Jul 7, 2011
  6. stc is not offering any study material. as well as kaplan & passperfect. they never even heard of this 56 test. lack of communication with finra & these educational providers to do anything.

#56     Jul 7, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I can imagine a former trader, broker, or the average guy waking up from a 15 year coma in 2011 to realize the horrors of what this once great Country has come to...

I wonder when the smart money, common sense types will wake up, and say we're not taking this sh*t anymore, then taking the Country back by force, LEGALIZING the US Constitution?

Emr, I know you are from Texas. I'm hearing from some very good Friends in Dallas that there are SO MANY people in Texas who now want to break away from the Union that it's only a matter of time. The question is what will be the tipping point, and when? I don't blame Texans for wanting to investigate doing this. Don't blame them at all!

#57     Jul 7, 2011
  8. I'm hearing 7 holders get waived...........anyone confirm this?

#58     Jul 7, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

These folks did a great job when I was studying for the S7 www.firesolutions.com

They've not heard of the exam either. It's stunning that this kind of crap is being pulled the way it is.

#59     Jul 7, 2011
  10. CBOE will not confirm that.

#60     Jul 7, 2011