I took the Series 56 today

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by microjohn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. T3TG

T3TG

I can tell you that the test has been approved and is very very real. Some guys at my firm are taking it this week and obv I will pick their brains. As I hear anything I will post...

#31     Jul 7, 2011
  2. EPrado

EPrado

I stand corrected. The test was approved only for CBSX firms. My bad.

What are they studying if there is no study info available?

#32     Jul 7, 2011
  3. T3TG

T3TG

There is a 59 page outline that covers what COULD be on the test.... the regs alone are over 1,000,000 words.

#33     Jul 7, 2011
  4. How to file a BDW

#34     Jul 7, 2011
  5. EPrado

EPrado

Damn. I guess it's up to the CBSX firms to come up with good study material. I would think that STC or someone will jump on this and create study material. It will be something that a lot of firms/traders need.

#35     Jul 7, 2011
  6. Eprado. Only stating the facts as they are Now. None of this makes sense but then again when does anyone expect new rules to work in the favor of the traders. This is unusual in many ways . we can only hope for good news but the reality is that is their is a deadline that we have to scramble to meet. Anyone that has been following this for the past year was expecting a Sept deadline. Other then the date this process would be much easier on everyone involved if we had 3 months. But we do not ..

I am just going by what is happening Now .

Good to be realistic & Not hope that the sec is going to help everyone in extending the deadline to be fair.

The regulators can care less on how it's going to affect the traders .

#36     Jul 7, 2011
  7. T3TG..
    How much is T3 charging for their study material for the #56 test ?

Is that exclusive for their trader's Only? What's the scoop?

#37     Jul 7, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed! And some guys in my office call FINRA "Fine-ya." Anyone who works for a smaller B/D KNOWS that "Fine-ya" likes to come in the office, look for chicken shit infractions, (which is nothing more than basic extortion), and take big for small infractions.

I know a guy who was with a different B/D when he met some prospective Clients. He gave them his card (from the firm he was with then)

After that he put one of the busines cards in the file that he started on them, and later signed them up as Clients of the new Firm he had joined. The problem? He forgot to take the OLD business card out of the file and when fine-ya came in, they dinged him for $10,000.:mad:

#38     Jul 7, 2011
  9. EPrado

EPrado

I hear ya. I agree this whole thing makes no sense and borders on insanity. As of now it looks like the test is with no material to study and a month to pass. But who knows. Hopefully someone releases study material and a more realistic deadline is set.

#39     Jul 7, 2011
  10. T3TG

T3TG

Scorpion... I replied on the other thread when you asked as well... but:

T3 isn't charging, but yes, it is for members only. I think it'll be out
    Friday. Supposed to be printed material/videos/quizzes. Shoot me an email on Monday and I'll give you the lowdown.

#40     Jul 7, 2011